This delicious bacon potato salad side dish will fast become one of your favourites. It’s easy to make and goes great alongside grilled chicken, salmon or steak.
Tastes good eaten hot or cold, and well… you can never have too much bacon can you?
The best potato salad.
- 750g baby new potatoes- scrubbed and chopped into bitesized pieces
- 6 slices bacon (or use parma ham/prosciutto)
- 10 cornichons - finel sliced
- 1 heaped tbs natural yogurt
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Put the potatoes into a saucepan,cover with water and add a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for around 8 minutes (or until tender)
- Whilst the potatoes cook, grill the bacon and then snip into strips.
- Mix up the dressing by adding the mayonnaise, yogurt and mustard together and stir.
- Drain the potatoes and tip into a bowl, tip in the cornichons and half the bacon and stir gently. Pour over the dressing and toss well. Scatter over the rest of the bacon.
Make Bacon Potato Salad your way
- add in a couple of grated boiled eggs.
- throw in a handful of chopped fresh herbs.
- add a little heat with some fresh finely chopped chillies.
How to serve Bacon Potato Salad
- Delicious alongside our crunchy chicken dippers.
- Make up a bowl in advance and keep in the fridge, fab with BBQ food.
- As a party food.
Love bacon? Get more delicious bacon recipes right here
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here
Get more picnic ideas here
Get more potato salad recipes here
Get more potato recipes here