Our baked potatoes with creamy pesto tuna is a really easy family friendly recipe that’s great as a simple dinner or lunch.
If you’re short on time you can start your potatoes off cooking in the microwave for around 5 minutes and then finish them off in the oven for crispy baked potato skins. If you’re really short on time cook them entirely in the microwave.
An easy healthy family meal
- 4 baking potatoes - scrubbed and pricked all over with a fork
- 2 tins of tuna
- 4 tsp pesto
- 1 tbs cream cheese
- handful of sliced black olives
- mixed salad to serve
- Heat the oven to 180C and bake the potatoes for around 1 1/2 hours or until they're easily squashed and feel tender when squeezed.
- Mix up the creamy pesto tuna - add the pesto and cream cheese to a bowl, tip in the drained tuna and mix together with a fork.
- Split open the cooked potatoes and top with the creamy pesto tuna filling, sprinkle over some sliced olives.
- Serve alongside a mixed salad, sweetcorn or baked beans.
Make baked potatoes with creamy pesto tuna your way…
- If you like a more creamy dinner add in more cheese, try mascarpone!
- Skip the cheese altogether or switch for a natural yogurt for lower fat content.
- If you want lower carbs switch to baked sweet potatoes – they cook quicker too.
How to serve baked potatoes with creamy pesto tuna…
- Up the veggies and serve alongside salad, baked beans and sweetcorn.
Get more fish and seafood recipes here
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
Love quick and convenient meals? Get our tinned tuna recipes here