Tasty oven baked vegetable chips make a great, healthy alternative to potato chips and they taste just delicious dipped into a nice, creamy, mustard mayonnaise.
You can make the vegetable chips with any combination of root veg making them a great standby for using up the veg box or root veg from the bottom of the fridge at the end of week.
Veggie packed baked chips that are so moreish!
- 3 carrots
- 1 large parsnip
- 1/2 small swede
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tbs fat free greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Peel and chop the vegetable into thin chips.
- Place in a bowl - pour in the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss with your hands to coat them well.
- Spread them in a single layer onto a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes until browning.
- Meanwhile make the mustard mayo simply mix together the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt and mustard.
If you slice the chips thinly you can bake them in under 20 minutes which is great for a busy weeknight when you want food to be fast.
Make vegetable chips your way
- Use any combination of root vegetables to make these chips – beetroot, carrot, celeriac, swede, turnips, sweet potato and parsnips all work well.
- Skip the mayo and serve topped with a poached egg and drizzle of hot chilli sauce for a quick midweek meal.
- Cut them chunky and eat as wedges with a hummus or salsa dip.
How to serve vegetable chips
- Quick midweek meal.
- Easy lunch.