Make that warming bowl of thick creamy porridge just a little bit more delicious with a topping of sticky hot caramelised bananas and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
Our hot banana and cinnamon porridge takes just minutes so is easy to cook even on a busy morning.
Make banana and cinnamon porridge your way…
- Switch the cinnamon for all spice.
- Swap honey for maple syrup or golden syrup.
- Add in a handful of blueberries with the bananas.
- Perfect for weekday breakfast.
- 1 sachet of microwave porridge oats
- 180ml oats
- small knob of butter
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp honey
- sprinkling of cinnamon
- Mix the porridge oats with the milk in a bowl.
- Microwave for 2 minutes (check packet for cooking time)
- Add a small knob of butter to a non stick pan, when it starts to sizzle add the sliced banana and drizzle over the honey. Allow to sizzle and cook until sticky, it will only take a couple of minutes.
- Top your porridge with the hot bananas and sprinkle with just a pinch of cinnamon.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 683Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 206mgCarbohydrates: 106gFiber: 14gSugar: 21gProtein: 21g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get more delicious easy breakfast recipes here
Get more fruit ideas and fresh fruit recipes here
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here