Make that warming bowl of thick creamy porridge just a little bit more delicious with a topping of sticky hot caramelised bananas and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
Our hot banana and cinnamon porridge takes just minutes so is easy to cook even on a busy morning.
A totally delicious way to eat porridge.
- 1 sachet of microwave porridge oats
- 180ml milk
- small knob of butter
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp honey
- sprinkling of cinnamon
- Mix the porridge oats with the milk in a bowl.
- Microwave for 2 minutes (check packet for cooking time)
- Add a small knob of butter to a non stick pan, when it starts to sizzle add the sliced banana and drizzle over the honey. Allow to sizzle and cook until sticky, it will only take a couple of minutes.
- Top your porridge with the hot bananas and sprinkle with just a pinch of cinnamon.
Make banana and cinnamon porridge your way…
- Switch the cinnamon for all spice.
- Swap honey for maple syrup or golden syrup.
- Add in a handful of blueberries with the bananas.
- Perfect for weekday breakfast.