Our basic coleslaw recipe is just so simple to make, you can throw this together in just a few minutes and it only uses 5 ingredients. It tastes great and is a good way of squeezing more veggies into your diet.
Super tasty basic recipe
- 1/2 white cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp English mustard
- Shred the cabbage finely - remove any tough thick stalks.
- Peel and chop the carrots into matchsticks
- Finely slice the onion.
- Tip all the vegetables into a bowl.
- Mix the mustard into the mayonnaise and then tip the mixture onto the vegetables and stir everything together with a fork to coat.
Make coleslaw your own way
Use our coleslaw as a base and add to it whatever flavours you fancy!
- Go spicy and add in chopped jalapeño and a pinch of smoked paprika.
- Go tropical and add in pineapple chunks or fresh mango
- Lighten up the dressing and switch the mayonnaise for fat free yogurt.
How to serve coleslaw
- We love this coleslaw heaped onto pulled ham stuffed in brioche rolls.
- Great as a side to pizza.
- Serve with our kickin chicken.