Welcome your Halloween party guests with a spooky bat mobile hanging by the front door – simple to make and looks so good hung where it casts a spooky shadow.
A lovely Halloween craft project – simple and effective, a little bit fiddly to make so probably suited to older children if they want to make it alone, younger ones will need some help.
What you need to make a Halloween mobile
- Thin light weight twigs – two per mobile
- Black paint
- A4 black card
- A4 yellow card
- Black cotton
- Black pipe cleaner x 2
- White pencil
- Sticky tape
How to make Halloween mobiles
- Paint the twigs black then leave them to dry.
- Draw bats on the black card using the white pencil – you can draw them free hand or use a Halloween stencils.
- Cut out the bats
- Draw a moon shape on the yellow paper and cut it out.
- When the twigs are dry – join them together at the middles in a cross shape using a pipe cleaner simply twisted around the twigs keeping them in place.
- Attach different length cotton to the bat and moon shape using a tiny piece of stick tape.
- Tie the other end of the cotton onto the twigs.
- Using the other pipe cleaner create a loop from the centre of the mobile to hang it up with.
Hints & tips
- A nature walk is a good start to this activity and you can collect good twigs whilst out walking.
- Younger children will need help with cutting out and cotton tying.
- Try making these with all different Halloween cut outs like pumpkins, ghosts, witches or black cats.
- Hang them where they cast a good shadow.