Bean and kale bruschetta is a really quick and healthy midweek dinner. Packed with lovely vitamins, vegetarian and quick to make! What could be better on a busy weeknight?
You really don’t need many ingredients for this recipe, just a tin of butter beans, 4 handfuls of shredded kale, a red chilli or use red pepper flakes, a couple of cloves of garlic. You’ll need nice bread – whatever you like wholemeal, sourdough, seeded or just plain soft white and some good olive oil.
Heat a splash of olive oil in a non-stick pan, throw in the garlic and chilli and let them sizzle in the hot oil to flavour it. Add the butterbeans and kale and just cook until warmed through add a pinch of sea salt and a grinding of black pepper. It’ll take around 5 minutes. Meanwhile toast the bread, rub the surface of the toast with raw garlic clove. Pile on the butter bean and kale topping and drizzle with olive oil. Done. Super quick tasty Italian supper in minutes. That’s way quicker than convenience food!
Super quick, super tasty vegetarian bruschetta.
- Tin of butter beans
- 4-5 handfuls of shredded kale
- 2 cloves of garlic - one chopped, one left whole
- red chilli or pinch of red pepper flakes
- 6 slices of bread
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Add a splash of olive oil to a non-stick pan. Throw in the chopped garlic and red chilli and sizzle in the hot oil for a few minutes.
- Add the butter beans and kale, a sprinkle of salt and pinch of pepper and cook for around 5 minutes until warmed through.
- Meanwhile toast the bread. Once toasted rub the surface of the bread with the whole garlic clove and then pile on the butter bean and kale topping and a drizzle of olive oil.
I like to serve this with a quick tomato salad – just sliced tomatoes drizzled with olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, a sprinkling of sea salt, grind of black pepper and a little torn basil.
Make it your way…
- use any kind of tinned bean you like – borlotti, cannellini or even chick peas work well.
- Use spinach instead of kale.
- Add some torn mozzarella for added yum!