A tasty, nutritious, easy Greek Pasta Recipe – bursting with Mediterranean flavours – the perfect vegetarian pasta for busy weeknight dinner!
BEST GREEK PASTA RECIPE
Our Greek Pasta is just delicious and perfect for busy weeknights as it’s so simple to make! It’s naturally vegetarian – you can make it vegan and dairy free if you switch out the feta cheese for a cheese-style product that suits your dietary requirements.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST GREEK PASTA
Okay – key to the cooking up THE BEST GREEK PASTA is great quality ingredients – pick the good ones! Go for top quality tinned tomatoes as they make a much better sauce. Remember to take the fluffy centres from the courgettes too as they can make the sauce taste bitter.
To make a panful of our delicious Greek Pasta – simply sauté diced courgettes in olive oil, add freshly chopped garlic, then 2 tins of good chopped tomatoes, add your oregano and seasoning and simmer for around 15 minutes with the lid off so the sauce thickens. Throw in a couple of handfuls of black olives and stir well.
Cook up some pasta – use the fresh egg pasta it makes the recipe so much nicer! Once cooked add the pasta to the sauce and stir through to coat everything.
Divide into bowls and scatter over fresh rocket and crumbled feta – deeeeeelicious!
Super tasty Greek style pasta
- Splash of olive oil
- 2 courgettes - remove the fluffy centre and dice
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 2 tins of tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 handfuls of black olives
- 4 handfuls of rocket
- 200g feta cheese - crumbled
- 500g fresh pasta
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large skillet style frying pan and gently sauté the diced courgettes over a medium heat to soften them.
- Add in the chopped garlic and cook for a minute.
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes and dried oregano - season with salt and black pepper.
- Bring the sauce to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer with the lid off for around 15 minutes so the sauce thickens.
- Stir through the black olives.
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions - if you're using fresh egg pasta it'll literally just take about 4-5 minutes.
- Tip the cooked pasta into the sauce and stir to coat everything.
- Divide the pasta into the bowls and scatter with fresh rocket leaves and crumble over the feta cheese.
How to make Greek pasta your own way…
- Add a touch of spice with a pinch of chilli flakes or chopped fresh chillies.
- Switch the rocket for spinach leaves.
- Switch the feta cheese for grilled halloumi strips.
- Make it vegan and skip the cheese altogether
More easy Greek recipes for you to try…