These are my best homemade burgers, totally delicious and super easy to make. I use organic steak mince for the burgers and it really does make them melt in the mouth – SO GOOD!
You can top the burgers however you like, I’ve got a bit of an addiction to rhubarb relish going on so I pile that on top, the kids tend to stick to the usual salad, ketchup and cheese.
All burgers should taste this good!
- Splash of olive oil
- Clove of garlic - finely chopped
- Small onion - finely diced
- 500g organic beef steak mince
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Egg yolk
- Sea Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan and gently soften the onions and garlic over a low heat for around 10 minutes - then set aside ready to make the burgers (if you're making burgers ahead to keep in the fridge and cook that night then let the onions cool completely before using)
- Put the mince into a mixing bowl and add the Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, egg yolk, the onions and garlic, a pinch of sea salt and pinch of cracked black pepper.
- Mix everything together with your hands to combine all the flavours.
- Mould into 4 burger patties.
- To cook the burgers fry them in a little oil for around 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through properly.
Make homemade burgers your way…
- add some spice with a pinch of chilli flakes
- fill the centres with grated mature cheddar and mould the meat around to seal it in the middle.
How to serve our best homemade burgers
- Delicious served on a homemade burger roll with fresh salad, cheese and ketchup.
- Top with homemade spiced rhubarb relish – get the recipe here.
- Add a side of cheesy sweet potato wedges – get the recipe here.