Our blueberry French toast is made with buttery brioche and topped with delicious sticky blueberries and lemon zest. A super simple, yet indulgent breakfast recipe.
Our blueberry French toast is a complete dream to eat!
Indulgently delicious yet super simple to throw together. An effortless and gorgeous recipe that’s perfect for breakfast or brunch
Get more delicious Sunday brunch recipes here!
French toast is delicious with either savoury or sweet toppings, for this recipe we’ll top buttery brioche french toast with super sweet plump blueberries and lemon zest.
Blueberry French Toast Ingredients
- 1 slice of brioche loaf
- 1 egg beaten – you may need 2 depending on size of your slice of bread
- 100g blueberries
- zest of a lemon
- 1/2 tsp sugar – you can use honey if you prefer
- 20g butter – for frying
How to make blueberry French toast
- Coat the brioche in egg – simply crack the egg, whisk and pour onto a small plate – dip the brioche into the egg mixture and coat on both sides.
- Fry the French toast – melt the butter in a frying pan then gently fry the bread on both sides until it’s a lovely golden colour.
- Soak off any excess butter – remove the French toast onto a slice of kitchen paper to soak off any excess butter – I prefer to do this, but if you want the butter, then keep it on.
- Make the sticky blueberry topping – tip the blueberries into the hot pan and add a pinch of sugar or swirl of honey, just toss them around over a high heat to warm them and let them go a little squishy and sticky
- Serve your French toast – top the French toast with the hot blueberries and grate over a little lemon zest and dig in straight away, you’ll not be able to wait!
Get more delicious easy breakfast recipes here
Make blueberry French toast your way
- Use different berries – switch the blueberries for any other berries you like – strawberries or even blackberries in the autumn are delicious.
- Skip the sugar – either use no sugar at all or go for maple syrup or honey.
- Add some vanilla – swap the lemon zest for tiny flecks of fresh vanilla bean.
Loads more easy eggy bread recipes here
How to serve blueberry French toast
- eat as an indulgent weekday breakfast
- serve with Greek yogurt and fresh coffee for weekend brunch.
Easy breakfast ideas you’ll just LOVE!
- Breakfast Pots – lovely little make ahead breakfast pots with cereal, yogurt and fruit.
- Breakfast Flatbreads – super tasty warm flatbreads topped with eggs and bacon.
- Apple Muffins – delicious muffins filled with apples and oats that are perfect for breakfast
NEED SOME FAMILY MEAL IDEAS?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planner tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
- 1 slice brioche bread
- 1 egg - beaten
- 100g blueberries
- zest of a lemon
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 25g butter - for frying
- Dip the brioche into the egg mixture and coat on both sides.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan then gently fry the bread on both sides until the egg is golden.
- Remove the French toast onto a slice of kitchen paper to soak off any excess butter.
- Tip the blueberries into the hot pan and add a pinch of sugar or swirl of honey, just toss them around over a high heat to warm them and let them go a little squishy.
- Top the French toast with the hot blueberries and grate over a little lemon zest.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 600Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 343mgSodium: 520mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 6gSugar: 20gProtein: 15g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Save our delicious blueberry French toast to Pinterest for later!