Our blueberry French toast is a complete dream to eat! Indulgently delicious yet super simple to throw together. An effortless and gorgeous recipe.
French toast is delicious with either savoury or sweet toppings, for this recipe we’ll top buttery brioche french toast with super sweet plump blueberries and lemon zest.
Indulgent little breakfast.
- 1 slice of brioche loaf
- 1 egg beaten (you may need 2 depending on size of your slice of bread)
- handful of blueberries
- zest of a lemon
- pinch of sugar
- butter for frying
- Dip the brioche into the egg mixture and coat on both sides.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan then gently fry the bread on both sides until the egg is golden.
- Remove the French toast onto a slice of kitchen paper to soak off any excess butter.
- Tip the blueberries into the hot pan and add a pinch of sugar or swirl of honey, just toss them around over a high heat to warm them and let them go a little squishy.
- Top the French toast with the hot blueberries and grate over a little lemon zest.
Make blueberry French toast your way…
- switch the blueberries for any other berries you like.
- skip the sugar altogether, or use maple syrup or honey.
- swap the lemon zest for tiny flecks of fresh vanilla bean.
Serve blueberry French toast…
- eat as an indulgent weekday breakfast
- serve with Greek yogurt and fresh coffee for Saturday brunch.