I make no apologies for stuffing spaghetti bolognese into bread rolls, it tastes good, especially with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. A quick and easy kid-friendly dinner.
Loads more delicious, easy beef recipes right here.
A bolognese sloppy joe is a great way to use up any leftover bolognese or you could, if you fancy, just make the bolognese with or without the spaghetti and serve it this way anyway (did I mention it tastes good?)
How to cook up a quick pan of bolognese sauce
Tastes so good!
- splash of olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 400g minced beef
- 2 cartons of chopped tomatoes with basil (we use Cirio)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- spaghetti, crusty bread rolls and Parmesan cheese to serve
- Add a splash of olive oil to a saucepan, tip in the garlic and onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the mince and brown over a low heat.
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes and oregano.
- Bring the pan to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook with the lid on for around 20 minutes.
- When the bolognese has just 10 minutes left to cook, cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Mix the spaghetti and bolognese together and serve stuffed into crusty bread rolls with Parmesan shavings.
Make sloppy joes your way
- Skip the Italian seasoning and throw in some chilli powder and ground cumin and go with a Mexican flavour.
- Keep them plain and skip the seasoning all together.
How to serve sloppy joes
- We like our bolognese sloppy joes served in crusty white rolls with Parmesan and a salad on the side.
- You could serve these with our without the pasta.
- Try them in toasted ciabatta rolls.
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
Get more delicious leftover recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here
Get more really delicious easy minced beef recipes here
Get loads more delicious easy pasta dishes here
Get more quick and easy meals here