Bangers make Bonfire Night! And you’re going to just LOVE these hot and spicy sticky bonfire bangers, tucked up in buttery brioche rolls with caramelised onions and mustard. Mmmm mouth-wateringly good!
It just wouldn’t be Guy Fawkes Night without standing around the roaring bonfire eating sticky bonfire sausages. And our Bonfire Bangers are just the BEST!
Bonfire night sausages marinated in a sticky sweet and spicy marinade and served brioche rolls is just really easy food to do for Bonfire Night, you can cook tray loads of these at once in the oven – depending on how big of a crowd you’re feeding.
Bonfire Bangers Ingredients
To make our tasty sticky bonfire sausages you will need…
- 12 chipolata sausages – choose a sausage with a high meat content – using a good quality meaty sausage makes all the difference with how yummy the bonfire night sausages turn out.
- 2 tbs spicy salsa – just from a jar is fine for this recipe
- 1 tbs honey – this gives the sausages a tasty sticky coating
- 2 red onions – finely sliced
- 30g butter
- 2 tsp dark brown sugar
- brioche rolls to serve
How to make our Bonfire Night Sausage Recipe
Take a roasting tin, throw in your sausages, bang them in the oven for around 20 minutes.
Then remove from the oven toss them in the sticky gooey marinade (made up by mixing the salsa and honey together) and then put them back in the oven for a final 10 minutes to go lovely and sticky and cooked through properly.
Whilst the sausages cook, sizzle up a pan of caramelised onions, just simply fried in butter and sprinkled with dark brown sugar and after 30 minutes in the pan they’ll be perfect!
Loads more ideas for family celebrations here!
All that’s left to do is stuff the sausages and onions into a soft brioche roll and squirt on the French’s mustard.
So if you’re wondering what food to have on Bonfire Night this is a really easy recipe that’s ideal for your Guy Fawkes Night parties or as an easy Saturday night dinner.
Make our Bonfire Night Food Sausages your way
- skip the spice and use bramble jam in the marinade in place of the spicy salsa.
- make a sausage centre piece by hollowing out a sourdough loaf and tipping the sausages with their sticky juices from the roasting tin along with the caremlized onions into the loaf to tear and share.
- add apples or even shredded red cabbage to the caramelised onions.
How to serve Bonfire Bangers
- Our Bonfire Night sausages are perfect for feeding your Guy Fawkes Party guests.
- Super easy to double or triple the bonfire bangers recipe for feeding a crowd
You might also just LOVE our sausage and mash pie recipe here
- 12 chipolata sausages
- 2 tbs spicy salsa
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 red onions - finely sliced
- 30g butter
- 2 tsp dark brown sugar
- 6 brioche rolls to serve
- Heat the oven to 200C and place the sausages in a roasting tin - cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Make up the marinade by mixing together the salsa and honey in a small dish.
- Remove the sausages from the oven, toss in the marinade and stir well to coat the sausages, put them back in the oven for a final 10 minutes until cooked through and deliciously sticky.
- Whilst the sausages are cooking - make the caramelised onions, add a knob of butter to a frying pan, over a low heat, add the sliced onions and gently fry for 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle in the sugar and continue to fry until sticky and super soft.
- Split the brioche rolls and stuff with sausages topped with caramelised onions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 760Total Fat: 55gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 197mgSodium: 1508mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 24g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Save our delicious Bonfire Night Bangers recipe to Pinterest for later!
Get more Bonfire Night food and celebration ideas here!
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here
Get all our delicious sausage recipes here