Our shabby chic BOO decoration is perfect for decorating the house for Halloween parties or Halloween dinner. Super easy to make, low cost and the finished BOO decoration is stylish and can easily be adapted to your party colour scheme.
What you need to make your Halloween Boo Decoration
- 3D cardboard BOO letters – these will cost you a couple of pounds and can be bought at craft stores and even the craft sections in supermarkets. The letters I used were £2 for the three from Tesco.
- Strips of fabric in your colour scheme. You could repurpose last years Halloween costumes or buy a couple of pieces of fabric.
- Ball of yarn or wool to suit your colour scheme
- Sticky tape.
How to make a Halloween Boo Decoration
- Cut your fabric into strips of around 2-3 cm.
- Wrap your letters entirely in a base colour, I’ve used some sparkly silver fabric. Stick the end of your fabric to the reverse of the letters with sticky tape, then wrap your length of fabric, finishing on the reverse and sticking with tape.
- Wrap your letters in the top colours, these don’t need to cover the letters completely, just in a stripy pattern to that the base fabric can still be seen. I did this step in black and dark blue.
- Wrap your letters with a length of yarn, just to hold everything in place and as an added interest layer.
Make it your way…
- Use whatever fabric you like in any colours you fancy.
- Opt for a different word to BOO.