Everyone loves cake for breakfast! Our breakfast muffins with apples and oats taste delicious and are packed with fresh apples and oaty goodness. That’s the kids breakfast sorted!
Kids just love these soft, squidgy, moist muffins for breakfast. Perfect served with a glass of milk and a yogurt for school day breakfast.
Breakfast Muffin Recipe for Kids
Our easy apple muffins are so simple to make.
Just mix together the flour, oats, cinnamon, sugar and chopped apples, slowly stir in the whisked up melted butter, milk and egg and drop the muffin batter into cake cases and bake for around 20 minutes.
Giving you just time to jump in the shower before they’re cooked!
Yummy breakfast muffins
- 140g self raising flour
- 40g rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 40g brown sugar
- 2 eating apples - peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 100g butter
- 125ml milk
- 1 egg
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar and apples in a bowl.
- Put the butter into the microwave for a few seconds to melt then whisk it together with the egg and milk. Pour this slowly into the dry ingredients and combine gently - don't over mix!
- Drop the muffin batter into cake cases and bake for around 20 - 25 minutes until risen and golden brown.
Let the muffins cool for 10-15 minutes when removed from the oven as the apple pieces stay hot longer than the cake.
Make Apple Muffins Your Way
- use pears and ginger instead of apples and cinnamon
- sprinkle the tops with chopped nuts for added goodness.
Kids breakfast recipes to try
We’ve loads of delicious breakfast recipes your little ones will just love, try…