Well you’re either going to love it or hate it… right?
Broccoli and marmite soup is so popular with the kids, I think they see it as some sort of murky green witches potion, and potions obviously contain magic and magic is brilliant and so eating magic is amazing and so it all gets eaten!
Broccoli & marmite soup is a taste sensation and there is nothing more perfect to dip into it than toasted cheese sandwiches. The marmite adds a lovely depth of flavour and really meaty vibe.
I always think soup tastes nicer from a mug… one day I will own the beautiful retro enamel mugs I’m searching for. Until then…
You'll either love it or hate it!
- splash of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery finely sliced
- 1 head of broccoli chopped into bitesize pieces - use the whole thing stalks too - don't waste any.
- 2 small potatoes - peeled and diced.
- 1 heaped tsp of marmite
- 500ml of vegetable stock
- black pepper
- Add the olive oil to a saucepan and gently fry the onions and celery for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and briskly stir for a minute.
- Add the broccoli and potatoes and a grind of black pepper.
- Stir through the marmite then pour over the vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth.
Best served with toasted cheese muffins and followed with a cinnamon and raisin cookie.
This is a nice soup to send in a flask as a packed lunch.