We just can’t get enough of this super simple vegan pasta recipe – ready in under 20 minutes it’s great for a busy weeknight dinner. Healthy, filling and flavoursome.
Delicious vegan pasta you'll just love.
- Splash of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes (use good quality ones, they make a richer sauce)
- 1 large handful of black olives - roughly chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 200g tender stem broccoli
- 350g spaghetti
- Handful of basil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pan and gently sizzle the garlic over a low heat for a minute.
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes, olives and dried oregano - simmer the sauce over a medium heat without a lid. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the spaghetti to a panful of boiling salted water - add just a splash of olive oil to the water to stop the pasta from sticking.
- Cook the spaghetti for around 10 minutes. For the final 5 minutes of cooking - throw the tender stem broccoli in the pasta to cook.
- Drain the spaghetti and broccoli and tip into the pan with the tomato sauce - stir gently to mingle everything together.
- Scatter over the torn basil and serve.
Make Broccoli and Tomato Pasta your way
- Fancy some spicy heat? Add a pinch of chilli flakes or chopped fresh chillies.
- Want some more veggies – throw in some asparagus or pepper slices.
How to serve Broccoli and Tomato Pasta
- Perfect with a green salad with lentils or chickpeas tossed through it and dressed with lemon and olive oil, maybe a scattering of toasted pine nuts.
- Great for a quick midweek dinner.
PS… you might also just LOVE our Pasta alla Vodka