Some days your kid will just want bug eyes… today was one of those days for me, so we made bug eyes!! We raided the craft box (well craft box sounds a bit grand… it’s just an old box filled with tat, glue, glitter and paint).
So if you fancy making a bug eye mask here’s how.
What you need to make a bug eye mask
- Large piece of black card
- Sheet of acetate
- Small saucer
- Larger saucer/plate
- 2 lolly sticks or piece of elastic
How to make a bug eye mask
- Draw around the small saucer, then the larger saucer on the back of the card to make the eyes.
- Join the top and bottom together in a bug face shape.
- Cut the bug eyes out.
- Spread glue over the back of the mask.
- Stick the coloured acetate to the back of the mask.
- Trim the acetate so it’s neat.
- Cut two strips of black card and fold them like a fan – these are the antennae.
- Sellotape the antennae on to the back of the mask.
- Decorate your bug mask with glitter.
- Stick the lolly sticks to the mask so you can hold up the mask, or if you prefer add some elastic to hold the mask onto your child’s head.
This is a really fun mask to make and one kids enjoy playing with, we think it would be fab as part of a Halloween costume to – just add black clothes and POW – YOU’RE A FLY!