A lovely little heart craft for Valentine’s Day – get the kids busy and create beautiful little homemade heart ornaments.
Simple button hearts make a really lovely home decoration – you can select buttons to complement any colour scheme or style – they are a really lovely rustic addition to a room.
Button hearts are so easy to make that kids might like to have a go at making them too. They also make a neat handmade gift. I’m one of these people who collects nice buttons and have boxes of them – even boxes of buttons that used to belong to my grandma!
Heart Crafts for Kids
What you need to make button hearts
- a selection of old buttons – any colour or style
- length of craft wire – around 18 cm long
- piece of ribbon to hang it up
How to make button hearts
- Simply thread the wire with buttons.
- Join the wire ends together with a twist and create a small loop for hanging.
- Shape the button threaded wire into a heart shape.
- Tie the ribbon through the loop
- Hang it up.
MORE KIDS VALENTINE’S DAY CRAFTS
Loads more ideas for family celebrations here!
Head this way for loads more fun kids activities
Loads more lovely spring activities for kids here