A lovely little heart craft for Valentine’s Day – get the kids busy and create beautiful little homemade heart ornaments.
Simple button hearts make a really lovely home decoration – you can select buttons to complement any colour scheme or style – they are a really lovely rustic addition to a room.
Button hearts are so easy to make that kids might like to have a go at making them too. They also make a neat handmade gift. I’m one of these people who collects nice buttons and have boxes of them – even boxes of buttons that used to belong to my grandma!
Heart Crafts for Kids
What you need to make button hearts
- a selection of old buttons – any colour or style
- length of craft wire – around 18 cm long
- piece of ribbon to hang it up
How to make button hearts
- Simply thread the wire with buttons.
- Join the wire ends together with a twist and create a small loop for hanging.
- Shape the button threaded wire into a heart shape.
- Tie the ribbon through the loop
- Hang it up.