Quick and easy dinner just got REALLY TASTY! Our Cajun prawn flatbread is so easy to make, freshly toasted flatbread, topped with a zingy zesty salad and warm spicy Cajun prawns.
I make the flatbreads from scratch using the River Cottage flatbread recipe, this is my favourite flatbread recipe it’s super easy and totally foolproof. Once you’ve made the dough, these takes literally minutes to cook. But if you’re short on time shop bought flatbreads work just fine.
Quick and tasty seafood supper
- little gem lettuce - shredded
- 1/2 cucumber - sliced
- 150g baby plum tomatoes - halved
- 1/4 small red cabbage - shredded
- zest of a lemon
- juice of a lemon
- sea salt
- 2 flatbreads
- splash of olive oil
- 200g raw king prawns
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- small handful of coriander - roughly chopped
- Mix together the salad veggies and sprinkle over the lemon zest.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and warm the flatbreads as per packet instructions - once warmed place on plates.
- Heat up another frying pan over a medium high heat - add a splash of olive oil and tip in the prawns and Cajun seasoning - pan fry the prawns - stirring and turning regularly until they are piping hot throughout and entirely pink. This should take around 4-5 minutes depending on the size of the prawns.
- Top the flatbreads with salad - tip over the spicy prawns, scatter over the chopped coriander - serve with lemon wedges.
Make Cajun Prawn Flatbreads your way
- Don’t fancy Cajun – go for Italian seasoning or add a tsp of curry paste.
- Switch the flatbread for ciabatta or naan.
How to serve Cajun Prawn Flatbreads
- We love these as a quick and easy late dinner for two – add a glass of icy cold Chardonnay or bottle of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
PS… we think you might also just LOVE our Easy Italian Pasta Salad