Our Cajun Prawn Tacos with Spicy Mango Salsa make a super quick and healthy family dinner that everyone will just LOVE!
How to make Cajun Prawn Tacos
Cajun Prawn Tacos are such an easy healthy dinner! Super simple to make and can be ready to eat in just minutes! Cook the prawns with Cajun seasoning for a quick burst of flavour, then spoon into warmed tortillas with shredded lettuce and top with mango salsa.
Make life easier on yourself and prep the salsa ahead of time then, all that’s left to do at dinner time is sizzle up the prawns and warm the flour tortillas.
Cajun Prawn Tacos with Mango Salsa
- 400 grams Raw King Prawns
- 2 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Mango – peeled and cubed
- 1 Green Pepper – cubed
- 1 Red Chilli – finely chopped
- 2 Vine Tomatoes – deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 Bunch Coriander – roughly chopped
- 2 Limes – 1 juiced, 1 cut into quarters
- 1 Little Gem Lettuce – shredded
- 8 Mini flour Tortillas
- Make the mango salsa – in a bowl mix together the mango, green pepper, red chilli, vine tomatoes, coriander and lime – season with salt and black pepper. Then refridgerate in air tight container until ready to use.
- Cook up the Cajun prawns – add the olive oil to a frying pan – tip in the prawns, sprinkle over the Cajun seasoning, season with salt and pepper and fry over a high heat until they are all pink and cooked through properly.
- Whilst the prawns cook – warm the flour tortillas as per the packet instructions.
- To make up the tortillas – add shredded lettuce, top with Cajun prawns, add a spoonful of salsa and serve.
What to serve with tacos
When cooking tacos for dinner I always add a few side dishes…
Make Cajun Prawn Tacos your way…
Fancy mixing things up in the kitchen? Well, don’t just stick to our recipe, try out different flavours and ingredients! Try…
- Swap the prawns for shrimp or strips of salmon
- Switch the Cajun seasoning for fajita seasoning, curry paste or even just smoky paprika or chilli powder.
- Skip the tortilla wraps and serve with rice or as a salad bowl.
- Add in more veggies – try shredded red cabbage, stir fried peppers or sliced avocado.
More easy Mexican dinner recipes to try…
If the family love Mexican style dinner recipes than we think you’ll also just LOVE….