These tasty little cauliflower fritters make a lovely quick vegan lunch. Cauliflower is in season now so it’s a great time to give them a try.
Perfect with a cool refreshing mint raita and a lovely little fiery dip chilli dipping sauce. A simple side salad of peppery watercress and radish just complete the meal.
You might also just LOVE our top 10 tasty satisfying vegan recipes here.
For the Cauliflower fritters
- 6 florets of cauliflower - broken into small pieces.
- 120g gram flour
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1/2tsp chilli powder
- 150ml water
- pinch salt
- 6 spring onions finely sliced
- handful of coriander roughly chopped
- Sunflower oil to fry
For the mint raita
- 1/2 cucumber cut into quarters lengthways and sliced thinly
- small handful of mint leaves - roughly chopped
- 4 tbs vegan yogurt
- salt & pepper
- Bring a pan of water to the boil - throw in the broken cauliflower florets and boil for just 5 minutes - then drain and rinse under cold water to quickly cool.
- In a mixing bowl add the gram flour, spices, salt and pepper and mix.
- Tip in the sliced spring onions and cauliflower pieces and stir well.
- Slowly pour in the cold water and mix into a batter.
- To - heat at least 1cm deep of sunflower oil in a frying pan wait until it’s really hot and then drop in spoonfuls of batter - cook for a few minutes and once set flip over and cook for 3-4 minutes on the other side. Remove and drain on kitchen paper to soak up some of the oil. You’ll need to cook the fritters in 3-4 batches.
- Whilst the fritters are cooking - mix together the cucumber, mint and yogurt and season with salt and pepper.
Plate it up to share - sharing is nice! Pile up your fritters, add your raita, try out some chilli dipping sauce - Dip and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1009Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 682mgCarbohydrates: 155gFiber: 63gSugar: 47gProtein: 54g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get more quick and easy meals here
Get all our easy vegan recipes right here
Get all our delicious vegetarian recipes here