A healthy quick breakfast recipe that kids just love and it counts as 2 portions of 5 a day! Our super simple cereal sundae is an utterly delicious way to start your day.
Our super easy cereal sundae is a luxurious healthy breakfast recipe. It’s a real hit with kids and adults alike.
Easily quick enough to throw together on a busy school morning and totally delicious to eat.
You can make up our cereal sundae recipe using whichever cereal you like the best, or even use a combination of different cereals.
Cereal Sundae Ingredients – Quick Healthy Breakfast
- 1 small banana – sliced into bitesized pieces
- 2 tbs of Greek yogurt – you can use plain Greek yogurt or make this up with flavoured yogurt if you prefer.
- 100g mixed berries – I like to use strawberries and blueberries, but it’s nice made with raspberries or even blackberries and cinnamon flavoured apple slices during the autumn.
- 40g of low sugar muesli – I usually use a no-added sugar muesli from Dorset Cereals but feel free to use whichever cereal you prefer.
How to make cereal sundaes – an easy sweet breakfast recipe
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
It’s super easy to make our cereal sundae, simple to prepare and simple to make means they’re even good for busy mornings.
It’s just a case of grabbing a glass or mason jar and layering up banana, Greek yogurt and muesli topped with another spoonful of yogurt a handful of berries and another spoonful of yogurt.
I use a wheat free muesli for this recipe just to keep it gluten free but you can pop in whatever cereal you like.
You could even add a little drizzle of maple syrup on the top if you like.
This is one of our favourite easy breakfast recipes for kids. Simple and just so tasty!
A brilliant way to squeeze in 2 of your 5 a day just as your day is starting. A real feel good breakfast.
Get more fruit ideas and fresh fruit recipes here
Make our quick healthy breakfast cereal sundaes your way
We’ve given you the basic cereal yogurt parfait fruit recipe, but you can mix up the ingredients and add in anything you like, make it your own kind of delicious.
This is one of our best gluten free recipes for breakfast – a total hit every time we make it.
- Make it vegan – you can make our cereal sundae into a vegan breakfast recipe by swapping to vegan, plant based yogurt in place of the Greek yogurt.
- Use your favourite cereal – make the cereal sundae with whatever cereal you like – Shreddies and Cheerios are popular here with the kids.
Get breakfast ideas for kids here
- Add dried fruit – If the kids like sultanas or dried fruit you could add a few of them in with the cereal too.
- Make it without berries – skip the berries – no worries just use chopped apple or kiwi slices to make up your cereal sundae.
- Make it to eat on the go – you could make these in little plastic food pots to grab and go. If you’re making them ahead of time then skip the banana as that will turn brown and mushy.
- Eat as an after school snack – our cereal sundaes also make a great after school snack for when the kids come home starving – or to eat on route to after school sports clubs just to fill up until dinner time.
More kids breakfast recipes to make
Looking for more kid-friendly recipes for breakfast try these…
- French Toast Stars – delicious eggy bread cut into little star shapes, and the perfect size for dipping into a ketchup pot. Kids just love this for breakfast or as a weekend brunch idea.
- Banana Cinnamon Porridge – whip up a quick bowl of instant oats and then top with hot bananas flavoured with cinnamon and a drizzle of syrup. This is one of my favourite ways to eat oatmeal, so delicious.
- Fairy Bread – oh this little breakfast recipe is oh so sweet. Little love heart shaped sandwiches, simply buttered and sprinkled with hundreds and thousands.
- 1 small banana
- 2 tbs Greek yogurt
- 100g mixed berries
- 40g low sugar muesli
- Grab a glass and layer up your sundae - banana, yogurt, muesli, yogurt, berries and yogurt.
- Get a spoon and tuck in.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 565Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 32mgCarbohydrates: 130gFiber: 13gSugar: 74gProtein: 13g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Love easy family meals – get all our best recipes here.
Save our tasty cereal sundae recipe to Pinterest for later!