Advertisement Feature and ReviewYou’re just going to love this quick and easy cheat’s chicken pilau, it’s perfect for weeknight cooking when you’re short on time and just want something tasty and quick. Made using the new Aromatic Spices Tilda microwave rice, this dinner recipe couldn’t be easier! The Tilda Aromatic Spices microwave rice is a delicious delicately flavoured rice that would be the perfect accompaniment to any dish. And best of all it’s ready to eat in just 2 minutes with no rice pan to wash up.
Cheat’s chicken pilaf
Quick and easy one pan chicken and rice dish
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- 1 large onion - thinly sliced
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 350g diced chicken breast
- 2 handfuls of shredded greens or spinach
- 1 pack Tilda aromatic spices microwave rice
- 2 tbs flaked almonds
- Gently fry the onions in the sunflower oil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder and add the chicken, stir fry for around 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the shredded greens and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Cook the Tilda rice in the microwave then tip into the chicken mixture and stir well.
- Quickly toast the almonds in a dry pan.
- Divide into two dishes and top with the toasted almonds.
- You can make this recipe with chicken mini fillets if you prefer.
- Try prawns instead of chicken breast and reduce the cooking time.
- Go veggie and make it with mushrooms.
- Go spicier with a hotter curry paste or pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Want it creamy? Add in a dash of coconut milk.
- Great for a busy weeknight when you want real food fast.
- As ‘fake away’ on a Saturday night, just add popadoms and a pickle tray.
More Chicken Mini Fillets Recipes to make
- Sticky Moroccan Chicken with Herby Couscous
- Slow Cooker Peri Peri Chicken Stew
- Moroccan Chicken Strips with Yogurt Dip