I make no apologies for just how simple, quick and cheat-y this recipe is. Sometimes I want onion gravy and I want it ready in just minutes I don’t want to faff and wait for it to simmer and bubble away to perfection, I just want to slop it on my sausages and dribble it over my cheat-y Aunt Bessie Yorkshire puddings.
If you fancy making your own, here’s the ‘cough’ recipe! I usually use the ‘posh’ Bisto… you know, the beef one in the glass jar!
Quick and yum!
- small knob of butter
- 1 large onion sliced into half moons.
- 4 heaped tsp gravy granules
- 1/2 pint of boiling water
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the onions over a medium heat for around 10 minutes.
- Mix up the gravy granules as per the packet instructions.
- Pour the gravy into the fried onions and stir.
Make cheat’s onion gravy your own way…
- Add in some thinly sliced mushrooms with your onions.
- Go veggie and use vegetarian gravy granules.
How to serve cheat’s onions gravy
- Dollop onto sausages.
- Dribble onto Yorkshire puddings.