For a quick lunch idea try our super easy cheese and chutney toasties. Delicious grilled cheese sandwiches that are ready in minutes!
When it comes to lunch and wanting it quick, you just can’t go far wrong with cheese and chutney toasties. Anything that comes with melted cheese is always perfect for me!
Cheese and Chutney Toasties Ingredients
- 2 slices of white bread – I love my toasties made with white bread – but feel free to use whatever bread you like.
- 15g butter
- 2 tsp onion chutney
- 20g Cheddar cheese – grated, again – I love Cheddar cheese on toasties but you can just switch in your favourite cheese in it’s place.
How do you make a cheese toastie in the toaster?
So – to make a toastie in the toaster you have to use one that has a toaster sandwich cage accessory.
I use a Dualit with sandwich cage.
- So for a delicious lunch in minutes, simply butter your bread – place the buttery side out when using the toastie maker or sandwich cage.
- Then spread the none-buttery side with chutney. I like a nice caramelised onion chutney, then add the grated mature cheddar cheese. Fold the cage together carefully to squeeze the sandwich together ready for toasting.
- Place the sandwich cage into the toaster and cook for around 3 minutes.
Make toasties your way
- Want this to be a quick dinner or supper then add a bowl of tomato soup. Tomato soup goes so perfectly with toasted cheese sandwiches.
- Want a bit more? Add in some ham and top with a poached egg, maybe a side of rocket and spinach salad or a delicious homemade coleslaw.
- Don’t like chutney? Skip it, maybe add some BBQ sauce instead.
- I like these for breakfast… made with cheese and brown sauce and always with a cup of really strong tea.
Love sandwiches – get lots more sandwich recipes and ideas here
More quick lunch ideas to try
- Chicken and Tzatziki Wrap – delicious tender chicken breast with homemade tzatziki and Iceberg lettuce in a soft flour wrap – easy and yummy!
- Cream Cheese and Chilli Jam – break open some baguette and spread thickly with cool cream cheese, then top with spicy chilli jam and a handful of rocket leaves. So tasty and simple.
- Tuna Cheese Melt – mmmmm these hot tuna baguettes are just so good. Tuna flavoured with pesto and topped with Cheddar cheese, these are simple to make and taste oh so good.
Get more cheesy recipes here
NEED SOME FAMILY DINNER RECIPES INSPIRATION?
Check out our meal planning guide here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planning tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
Get more toastie ideas and recipes here
- 2 slices of white bread
- 15g butter
- 2 tsp onion chutney
- 20g Cheddar cheese - grated
- Warm up the toastie-maker.
- Spread the bread with butter and place butter side out on the toastie-maker.
- Top with chutney and cheese and put the other piece of bread on top - butter side out also.
- Cook for around 3 minutes until the cheese is melted and the toast crisp.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 582mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 10g
Hey - we hope you enjoy the recipe and when you cook it don't forget to tag us your creations on Twitter @daisiesandpieUK or Instagram @daisiesandpie
Save our deliciously quick and easy cheese and chutney toasties to Pinterest for later!