When it comes to lunch and wanting it quick, you just can’t go far wrong with cheese and chutney toasties. Anything that comes with melted cheese is always perfect for me!
So for lunch in minutes, simply butter your bread – place the buttery side out when using the toastie maker or sandwich cage, then spread the none-buttery side with chutney. I like a nice caramelised onion chutney, then add a handful of grated mature cheddar cheese.
Place in the toastie maker or toaster sandwich cage and cook for around 3 minutes. That’s it simple, deliciously melty, crisp cheese and chutney toasties.
Make it your way…
- Want this to be a quick dinner or supper then add a bowl of tomato soup, perfect with toasted cheese.
- Want a bit more? Add in some ham and top with a poached egg, maybe a side of rocket and spinach salad.
- Don’t like chutney? Skip it, maybe add some BBQ sauce instead.
- I like these for breakfast… made with cheese and brown sauce and always with a cup of tea.
- 2 slices of white bread
- A smattering of butter
- 2 tsp onion chutney
- handful of grated cheddar cheese
- Warm up the toastie-maker.
- Spread the bread with butter and place butter side out on the toastie-maker.
- Top with chutney and cheese and put the other piece of bread on top - butter side out also.
- Cook for around 3 minutes until the cheese is melted and the toast crisp.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 816mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 19g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.