Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Subs
Totally delicious dinner the kids will love!
- splash of olive oil
- 500g chicken breast - cut into bitesized pieces
- 1 red pepper - roughly diced
- 1-2 tbs buffalo sauce
- 2 handfuls grated cheddar
- 4 wholemeal sub rolls
- 1 little gem lettuce shredded
- 4 salad tomatoes deseeded and roughly chopped
- side of potato wedges - recipe here
- Add a splash of olive oil to a skillet pan (one you can use under the grill as well as on the hob)
- Tip in the chicken breast and peppers and stir fry until the chicken is cooked through.
- Tip over the buffalo sauce - use as much or as little as you like. Stir well to coat everything.
- Scatter over the grated cheese and put the pan under the grill to melt the cheese.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking split your sub rolls, filled them with lettuce, chopped tomatoes and a drizzle of mayonnaise.
- Once the cheese has melted over the chicken, add it to the sub rolls and serve with potato wedges.
Make Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Sub Rolls your way
- Switch the chicken breast for chicken mini fillets if you prefer
- Add in more veggies – throw onion and courgettes with the pepper and chicken.
- Go spicier and add a pinch of chilli flakes.
- Serve on crusty rolls instead of soft sub rolls.
- Add blue cheese melt instead of Cheddar.
How to serve Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Sub Rolls
- Serve with a side of sweet potato wedges instead of plain wedges.
- Add some cheesy nachos and serve as game day snacks.
More Chicken Mini Fillets Recipes to make
- Sticky Moroccan Chicken with Herby Couscous
- Slow Cooker Peri Peri Chicken Stew
- Moroccan Chicken Strips with Yogurt Dip