My kids just love it when is Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Subs for dinner, especially when they come with a side of homemade potato wedges. It’s got to be one of their favourite dinners and best of all, it’s really easy to make!
Totally delicious spicy buffalo chicken breast just dripping with melted cheese all stuffed into a soft sub roll with salad mmmmm perfection!
Totally delicious dinner the kids will love!
- splash of olive oil
- 500g chicken breast - cut into bitesized pieces
- 1 red pepper - roughly diced
- 1-2 tbs buffalo sauce
- 2 handfuls grated cheddar
- 4 wholemeal sub rolls
- 1 little gem lettuce shredded
- 4 salad tomatoes deseeded and roughly chopped
- side of potato wedges - recipe here
- Add a splash of olive oil to a skillet pan (one you can use under the grill as well as on the hob)
- Tip in the chicken breast and peppers and stir fry until the chicken is cooked through.
- Tip over the buffalo sauce - use as much or as little as you like. Stir well to coat everything.
- Scatter over the grated cheese and put the pan under the grill to melt the cheese.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking split your sub rolls, filled them with lettuce, chopped tomatoes and a drizzle of mayonnaise.
- Once the cheese has melted over the chicken, add it to the sub rolls and serve with potato wedges.
Make Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Sub Rolls your way
- Switch the chicken breast for chicken mini fillets if you prefer
- Add in more veggies – throw onion and courgettes with the pepper and chicken.
- Go spicier and add a pinch of chilli flakes.
- Serve on crusty rolls instead of soft sub rolls.
- Add blue cheese melt instead of Cheddar.
How to serve Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Sub Rolls
- Serve with a side of sweet potato wedges instead of plain wedges.
- Add some cheesy nachos and serve as game day snacks.
More Chicken Mini Fillets Recipes to make
- Sticky Moroccan Chicken with Herby Couscous
- Slow Cooker Peri Peri Chicken Stew
- Moroccan Chicken Strips with Yogurt Dip
Get our best chicken recipes here – perfect for weeknight dinner
Get more chicken mini fillets recipes and meal ideas here
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here
Get more quick and easy meals here