We just LOVE these cheesy piri piri sweet potato wedges – they’re super easy to make and really tasty to eat – they work great with burgers, wraps, chicken or salads.
Super tasty wedges
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp piri piri seasoning
- sea salt and black pepper
- handful of grated Parmesan
- Heat the oven to 180C
- Line a roasting tin with a sheet of greaseproof paper
- Chop the sweet potatoes into wedges - tip them into a bowl, pour on the olive oil and sprinkle over the piri piri seasoning and salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix the wedges to coat everything properly.
- Tip the wedges into the roasting tin and cook in the oven for around 20 minutes - then remove from the oven and turn the wedges over - continue cooking for a further 15 - 20 minutes or until the wedges are cooked through.
- Remove the wedges from the oven - sprinkle over the Parmesan and return to the oven to melt the cheese - one the cheese is browning, the wedges are done!
Make cheesy piri piri sweet potato wedges your way
- add some more heat with a pinch of chilli flakes
- skip the cheese for plain wedges
How to serve cheesy piri piri sweet potato wedges
- Great with chicken, burgers, wraps or salads.
- Fab as a TV snack with homemade roast tomato salsa