If you like your sandwiches loaded then this recipe is for you. Soft fluffy sub roll packed with crisp green lettuce, slices of succulent roast chicken topped with crispy maple smoked bacon, creamy mayonnaise and sliced avocado. You could add a side of wedges and really make a meal of it… if you wanted to that is!
A proper meaty sandwich that's perfect for lunch or easy dinner.
- 2 sub rolls
- 2 handfuls of crispy green salad leaves
- 200g of roast chicken
- 4 slices of maple smoked bacon
- 2 dessertspoonfuls of mayonnaise
- 1 avocado sliced
- Heat the grill to high and cook the bacon - turning regularly.
- Slice the sub rolls and load them up with crisp green salad leaves.
- Top with slices of chicken and bacon, add mayonnaise then top with the sliced avocado and squash on the lid.
Make it your way…
- Add a couple of slices of Jarlsberg cheese on top of the crispy bacon.
- Go for garlic mayonnaise for added yumminess.
- Slice up a couple of tomatoes and throw them in.
- Spread the sub with pesto for a little Italian vibe.