‘Tis the season of party food and nibbles and if you’re making your own, then these chicken and chorizo bites are super easy, taste good and look pretty. And pretty party food is always a good thing.
You can make them ahead and just leave them chilling in the fridge until you’re ready to bring them out.
Tasty, meaty little Italian style party bites.
- 300g chicken breast fillets cut into bitesized pieces
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp dried mixed Italian herbs
- Pack of chorizo slices (22 slices)
- 150g Manchego cheese cut into cubes
- cocktail sticks
- Heat the olive oil in a non stick pan, toss in the chicken pieces and dried herbs. Stir fry briskly for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and no pink remains. Then set aside to cool.
- Once cool, thread the chicken, chorizo slices and Manchego onto the cocktail sticks and arrange on a platter.
- If you like decorate with basil or rocket.
Make chicken and chorizo bites your way…
- switch the chicken for king prawns.
- use mozzarella instead of Manchego.
- add some spice with a pinch of dried chilli flakes
- serve as nibbles at parties.
- add a little hummus or aubergine dip alongside.
- make as part of a Christmas buffet.