Cheat your way to a Chicken Balti that looks homemade… Our quick and easy chicken curry is the perfect family recipe! It’s packed with loads of extra veggies and is ready to eat in around 30 minutes. That’s midweek dinner sorted!
How do you make a good chicken curry?I wasn’t going to put this recipe up, but, when we shared it on social media people went mad for it, wanting to know how to make it! So here’s how to make a jar of curry sauce look like a homemade curry. Use the Balti curry sauce with the separate little spice mix pots on top – they have a better flavour. Making it look homemade is all about the veggies – adding lots of fresh veggies to the curry, not only makes is look homemade but it’s also healthier!
How to make a jar of curry look homemade!
- Splash of olive oil
- 500g chicken breast - diced
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 1 red pepper - sliced
- 250g baby plum tomatoes - halved
- 3 handfuls of fresh baby spinach - chopped
- 1 jar Balti curry sauce
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pan.
- Tip in the chicken, onions and peppers and fry for a couple of minutes to brown the chicken.
- Add the jar of curry sauce and baby plum tomatoes.
- Bring the curry to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer with the lid on for around 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the chopped spinach and stir it into the sauce to cook for the last 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the chopped coriander and serve with rice and poppadoms.
Make Chicken Curry your way
- Switch the chicken for prawns or turkey mince and reduce the cooking time.
- Use chicken mini fillets instead of chicken breast if you prefer.
- Add in any veggies you fancy – try aubergine, peppers, courgettes.
- Try out different types of curry sauce – kids love this made with tikka sauce
How to serve Chicken Curry
- Serve with plain boiled rice, mini poppadom or naan breads.
- Add a side salad for added veggies.
- Make a cucumber raita to go alongside.
More super easy curry recipes for you to try…
More Chicken Mini Fillets Recipes to make
- Sticky Moroccan Chicken with Herby Couscous
- Slow Cooker Peri Peri Chicken Stew
- Moroccan Chicken Strips with Yogurt Dip