Craving a big bowl of delicious salad? Our chicken burrito bowl is the answer. Packed full of big flavours and with a hit of spice, it makes a quick and easy, healthy midweek meal.
We take a few short cuts with this dinner, we want it ready fast.
Take your bowl, add the rice, we use Tilda microwave wholegrain rice just because it’s ready in two minutes and always tastes good. Add some sliced chicken breast, you can use rotisserie chicken to save time or you can cook some especially.
If you’re cooking some chicken breasts especially just spread them with a couple of teaspoons of sun dried tomato paste and sprinkle them with smoked paprika and dried oregano, wrap in a foil parcel and bake in the oven for around 30 minutes. Cooked this way the chicken is tender and moist.
Next layer on your salad, go for shredded greens, baby plum tomatoes, slices of red pepper, sliced avocado and heap on a couple of tablespoons of tinned sweetcorn and black beans.
Top with a shop bought salsa of your choice, a spoonful of soured cream and sprinkle with sliced sping onions and torn coriander. I like to serve this with a good drizzling of hot sauce too.
Easy, healthy, delicious midweek dinner.
- 2 cooked chicken breasts - sliced
- 1 pack of microwave wholegrain rice
- 200g black beans
- 200g sweetcorn
- 10 cherry tomatoes - quartered
- 1/2 pepper - finely sliced
- Little Gem lettuce - shredded
- Avocado - sliced
- 200g salsa
- 2 tbs soured cream
- 4 spring onions - sliced
- Coriander and hot sauce to serve
- Cook the microwave rice, this usually takes 2 minutes.
- Put together the burrito bowl, add rice, sliced chicken, shredded lettuce, black beans, sweetcorn, cherry tomatoes, pepper and avocado.
- Spoon over the salsa, add a spoonful of soured cream and sprinkle with spring onions.
- Serve scattered with coriander and add hot sauce if you like your food with heat.
Make Chicken Burrito bowl your way
- Go fishy and use fresh tuna, salmon or prawns.
- Fancy steak, quickly griddle and slice.
- Want a veggie option, skip the meat and add more beans and a handful of grated cheese.
Love your leftovers…
- Leftovers are great for lunch next day.
- Not quite enough leftovers for another bowl, use them to fill a soft flour wrap.