Advertisement Feature Recipe
Fancy cooking up a flavoursome easy chicken recipe? Try our delicious easy Chicken Fajita Bowls for a stress free weeknight dinner idea the whole family will LOVE!
Chicken fajita bowls are a big favourite in our house.
They’re so colourful and delicious and best of all really, really easy to make.
That’s exactly what’s needed on busy school nights, when the kids are hungry and you want dinner ready fast.
What’s in a chicken fajita rice bowl?
Chicken fajita bowls are packed with delicious, tender chicken breast and crunchy peppers flavoured with Schwartz Fajita Seasonings.
This is a great little seasoning and a quick flavour fix to have in the cupboard at home.
It just adds a whole lot of tasty flavour in one quick shake, which makes cooking a tasty dinner so much easier.
Alongside the chicken I add a quick homemade Mexican salsa with sweetcorn, tomatoes, lime and coriander.
Then serve with flavoured microwave rice (for speed) and a handful of nachos for scooping up the tasty fajita chicken.
How to make chicken fajita bowl
Okay first up – make the quick Mexican style salsa – mix together the tinned sweetcorn and chopped tomatoes with the coriander and lime juice – season to taste with a pinch of salt.
Then fry up the fajita chicken – just add a splash of olive oil to a large skillet style pan. Tip in the chicken breast, onions and peppers and sprinkle over the Schwartz Fajita Seasonings. Stir fry until cooked through properly.
Then cook the microwave rice. We usually use a Mexican flavoured rice or tomato rice to go in our chicken fajita bowls. But you could just choose whichever you like best.
Then assemble the chicken fajita bowls. Divide the rice and chicken between the bowls and top up with homemade Mexican salsa, then add a handful of tortilla crisps.
It’s just such an easy healthy chicken breast recipe!
What can I put in a fajita bowl?
Fajita bowl for dinner is such a simple, tasty and healthy meal idea.
You can pack the bowls with whatever salad or vegetables you like and add in extra toppings to spice things up. Try…
- Guacamole or sliced avocados
- Add in a scattering of toasted seeds or pine nuts
- Go veggie and skip the chicken – use sliced halloumi cheese sprinkled with Schwartz Fajita Seasoning in place of the chicken.
- Switch the chicken for prawns to make these fajita bowls even quicker to cook.
- Add in shredded lettuce or homemade coleslaw.
- Scatter over grated cheese, spoon on soured cream dip or a drizzle of mayonnaise.
- If you like extra heat – scatter over freshly chopped chillies or jalapeños.
What else can I use Schwartz Fajita Seasoning in?
Well we just LOVE this seasoning, it’s a super quick way to get a whole lot of flavour into your cooking, without the expense of having to buy lots of individual herbs and spices.
You can use the Fajita Seasoning to add extra flavour to…
- Homemade fajitas – chicken, steak, halloumi or grilled veggies.
- Shake it into a Mexican style fried rice with chicken, sausage, peppers and onions.
- Add it to scrambled eggs.
- Sprinkle onto cheese on toast.
- Stir into baked beans to give them a Mexican twist – these are delicious in baked potatoes.
More easy Mexican recipes to try
- Quick Chilli Con Carne with Baked Beans
- Taco Dogs with Guacamole and Salsa
- Mexican Spiced Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 450g Chicken Breast - Diced
- 2 Bell Peppers (any colour)
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 tsp Schwartz Fajita Seasoning
- 1 Large Tin Sweetcorn
- 250g Baby Plum Tomatoes
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 1 Handful Coriander
- 2 Pouches Microwave Rice
- 1 Pack Tortilla Chips
- Make up the salsa - mix together the sweetcorn, chopped tomatoes, lime juice and chopped coriander, season with salt as required.
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pan – tip in the chicken breast and stir fry for 5 minutes – add the peppers and onions and sprinkle over the fajita seasoning, add a pinch of salt and black pepper. Continue to stir fry until the chicken is cooked through (usually around 10-15 minutes – but always check chicken is cooked thoroughly before eating)
- Microwave the rice as per the packet instructions
- Assemble the chicken fajita rice bowls – divide the rice and fajita chicken between the serving bowls and add the Mexican salsa and a handful of tortilla crisps.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 436Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 9gSugar: 6gProtein: 41g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.