Chicken Fajita Salad
Delicious, fresh and tasty summer dinner.
- 4 chicken breasts - sliced into bitesize strips
- 1 red onion - cut into wedges
- 1 green pepper - sliced
- 1 red pepper - sliced
- 1 yellow pepper - sliced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- 4 corn cobs
- 1 cos lettuce - shredded
- 1 avocado - roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli - finely sliced
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- small bunch of coriander chopped
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Lightly grease a large roasting tin, at one end put the chicken, at the other end scatter the peppers and onion.
- Sprinkle over the smoked paprika and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven for around 25 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked through with no pink remaining. If the veggies cook first just scoop them off the tray and put them to one side.
- Cook the corn cobs at the same time as the chicken fajitas, just lay a sheet of tin foil onto a baking tray, lightly grease with olive oil, lay on the corn cobs and put another sheet of tin foil on top and fold the edges together to make a parcel. Pop in the oven to cook, it'll take around the same time as the chicken - to check if they're cooked carefully open the tin foil parcel, steam will escape and just slip a knife into the corn to check if it's tender.
- Whilst the chicken fajitas are cooking, prepare the rest of the salad.
- Once everything is cooked through - make up the salad plate and take to the table for everyone to share.
Make Chicken Fajita Salad your way
- Use chicken breast mini fillets for this recipe if you like.
- If you like spice, add some more – throw on some chilli powder or red pepper flakes.
- Add more veggies – try courgettes or mushrooms.
How to serve Chicken Fajita Salad
- Serve with potato wedges and salsa dip.
- Make into traditional fajita wraps.
- Great salad to eat cold in lunch boxes.
More Chicken Mini Fillets Recipes to make
- Sticky Moroccan Chicken with Herby Couscous
- Slow Cooker Peri Peri Chicken Stew
- Moroccan Chicken Strips with Yogurt Dip