Chicken satay noodle salad ticks all my boxes! It’s so fresh and so zingy I can hardly wait to eat it.
There is something incredibly irresistible about satay sauce, the salty peanuts mixed with spicy chilli and creamy coconut – a total taste explosion! Chicken satay noodles are so moorish.
This is a really quick meal to make – it’ll be ready on the table to eat in 30 minutes making it perfect for a weeknight. Whilst you quickly cook the chicken on a hot griddle pan, it’s easy to prepare the salad and whip up a quick satay dressing.
Delicious zingy noodle salad
- for the chicken salad
- 4 chicken breast steaks (choose thin ones so they cook quicker)
- 2 packs of ready to eat rice noodles
- 1 red or orange pepper - finely sliced
- 1 packet of pea shoots - ready to eat
- 1 bunch of spring onions/scallions - finely sliced
- bunch of coriander roughly chopped
- 1-2tbs sesame oil
- zest and juice of a lime
- 1 red chilli - finely sliced
- for the satay dressing
- 2 heaped tbs peanut butter
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1/2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat and put the chicken steaks on to cook - turn every few minutes.
- Meanwhile quickly mix up the satay dressing by adding the peanut butter, fish sauce, chilli sauce and soy sauce to a small dish and mixing well then slowly adding the coconut milk.
- In a large dish tip the noodles and separate them with your fingers - add a tbs of sesame oil and the zest and juice of the lime and toss well to coat them.
- Once the chicken is cooked - slice it diagonally into strips.
- On a large plate or platter - layer up your salad. Start by scattering on layers of noodles, pea shoots, coriander, peppers, spring onions and chicken. Then drizzle over your satay dressing and scatter with the freshly chopped red chilli.
Serve with thai style crackers and dipping sauce
Make it your way….
- if you prefer warm the noodles.
- cut out the fresh chilli for a milder taste
- try with marinated tofu for a vegetarian version
- beef it up with steak strips instead of chicken
- leftovers are delicious stuffed into wraps for lunch the next day
Get our best chicken recipes here – perfect for weeknight dinner
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here
Get more quick and easy meals here