Chicken tikka pockets make a really tasty summer dinner – they’e easy to make, packed with flavour and a hit with the kids!
Soft flatbreads stuffed with tender tikka chicken, salad and drizzled with natural yogurt and a little mango chutney. So simple and so easy.
Switch the chicken breast for chicken mini fillets if you prefer.
Quick and easy summer dinner recipe
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tsp tikka curry paste
- pinch of salt
- 8 mini flatbreads (we like the mini folded ones from Tesco)
- 2 little gem lettuce - shredded
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- natural yogurt
- mango chutney
- 2 packs of Microwave Pilau rice
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- Heat the oven to 200C - lay a piece of tin foil into a roasting tin - drizzle with a little olive oil - lay on the chicken breasts and spread with the tikka curry paste - add another piece of tin foil and seal into a parcel. Bake in the oven for 30 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and no pink remains.
- Once cooked remove from the oven and slice.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking prepare the rest of the dinner - tip the shredded lettuce, cucumber, yogurt and mango chutney into serving bowls.
- Cook the frozen peas as per the packet instructions.
- Cook the microwave rice as per the packet instructions - mix the two together and put into a serving bowl.
- To serve - gather all the bowls together on the table and let people make up their own flatbreads.
Make chicken tikka pockets your way
- Grill or BBQ the marinated chicken (I just cook it in the oven as I don’t have to watch or turn it)
- Try different curry pastes – Balti or Jalfrezi work well.
- Don’t like curry? Use pesto or harissa paste.
- Add in any salad or sauce toppings you like.
- Try pitta breads instead of flatbreads
How to serve chicken tikka pockets
- Great for an easy summer dinner in the garden
- Also tastes great cold so leftovers could be packed for lunch next day
More Chicken Mini Fillets Recipes to make
- Sticky Moroccan Chicken with Herby Couscous
- Slow Cooker Peri Peri Chicken Stew
- Moroccan Chicken Strips with Yogurt Dip
PS… we think you might also just LOVE our easy summer dinner recipes too!
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get our best chicken recipes here – perfect for weeknight dinner
Get more chicken mini fillets recipes and meal ideas here
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here
Get more quick and easy meals here