Chicken tikka pockets make a really tasty summer dinner – they’e easy to make, packed with flavour and a hit with the kids!
Soft flatbreads stuffed with tender tikka chicken, salad and drizzled with natural yogurt and a little mango chutney. So simple and so easy.
Quick and easy summer dinner recipe
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tsp tikka curry paste
- pinch of salt
- 8 mini flatbreads (we like the mini folded ones from Tesco)
- 2 little gem lettuce - shredded
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- natural yogurt
- mango chutney
- 2 packs of Microwave Pilau rice
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- Heat the oven to 200C - lay a piece of tin foil into a roasting tin - drizzle with a little olive oil - lay on the chicken breasts and spread with the tikka curry paste - add another piece of tin foil and seal into a parcel. Bake in the oven for 30 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and no pink remains.
- Once cooked remove from the oven and slice.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking prepare the rest of the dinner - tip the shredded lettuce, cucumber, yogurt and mango chutney into serving bowls.
- Cook the frozen peas as per the packet instructions.
- Cook the microwave rice as per the packet instructions - mix the two together and put into a serving bowl.
- To serve - gather all the bowls together on the table and let people make up their own flatbreads.
Make chicken tikka pockets your way
- Grill or BBQ the marinated chicken (I just cook it in the oven as I don’t have to watch or turn it)
- Try different curry pastes – Balti or Jalfrezi work well.
- Don’t like curry? Use pesto or harissa paste.
- Add in any salad or sauce toppings you like.
- Try pitta breads instead of flatbreads
How to serve chicken tikka pockets
- Great for an easy summer dinner in the garden
- Also tastes great cold so leftovers could be packed for lunch next day
PS… we think you might also just LOVE our easy summer dinner recipes too!