Quick and easy healthy chicken tikka salad recipe – packed with flavour and super speedy to make – just 12 minutes from start to finish making it an easy midweek meal.
Healthy salad recipes are easy!
If I’m on a health kick, I want to up my fruit and vegetable intake by loads and the easiest way to do this is to make delicious salads, pretty salads that include lots of vibrant colours and flavours.
Salads are so quick and easy to make, easy to take into different directions and taste great for packed lunches or picnics.
This deliciously pretty chicken tikka and mango salad can be put together in minutes. It’s fresh, tasty, zingy and super healthy. Everything I want from a salad.
We cheat by using a packet of ready to eat chicken tikka breast slices, but if you wanted to – you could marinate your own and grill them it wouldn’t be a massive task.
Shredded Romaine lettuce tossed together with succulent mango chunks, sliced perfectly pink radish, cucumber slices and avocado all tossed in a little freshly squeezed lime juice and a drizzle of sesame oil. Delicious.
I like to cut the carbs and top the salad in toasted almond slivers or sesame seeds but you can serve with crusty bread or rice if you wish.
Chicken tikka salad your way…
It’s your salad, if you want to mix things up a bit go right ahead! Make our chicken tikka salad your own way! Try…
- use a bag of salad leaves to save time.
- swap the chicken for smoked mackerel or tuna if you like.
- don’t like mango – add diced orange segments
- don’t fancy tikka, pick a bbq marinated chicken or just plain.
- want more carbs, add croutons.
More healthy salad recipes to try
Hit subscribe below for daily food and lifestyle inspiration!
- Half a Romaine lettuce shredded
- 8cm cucumber sliced
- Half avocado sliced
- Handful of radish sliced
- Mango cut into chunks
- Juice of half a lime
- Drizzle of sesame oil
- Packet of ready to eat chicken tikka
- Handful of coriander leaves
- Handful of almond slivers
- Place the shredded lettuce, mango chunks, cucumber, radish and avocado slices into a bowl and squeeze over the lime juice and a drizzle of sesame oil - toss everything together with your hands to coat well.
- Divide the salad between two plates. Top with the chicken tikka breast slices.
- Warm a frying pan (add no oil) and tip in the almond slivers and toast gently. Scatter them over the salad along with a little chopped coriander.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 654Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 380mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 13gSugar: 45gProtein: 27g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.