A healthy Mexican style fish dish that’s perfect for summer. Delicious flakes of chilli and lime infused mackerel simply scattered onto a bed of homemade mushy peas all wrapped up in a garlic flatbread.
I make the flatbreads using the River Cottage Magic Bread Dough recipe – it’s easy and they always turn out good!
A delicious way to eat fish.
- 4 nice chunky mackerel fillets
- clove of garlic finely chopped
- red chilli finely sliced
- 300g frozen peas
- tbs Boursin with garlic & herbs
- olive oil
- flatbreads or tortilla wraps to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Lay a large sheet of tin foil onto the kitchen side - brush it lightly with olive oil.
- Lay on the mackerel fillets and sprinkle with the chopped garlic and red chilli - drizzle with olive oil and squeeze over the juice from half the lime - sprinkle with seasalt.
- Wrap the foil around the fish into a parcel and seal.
- Place in the oven and cook for around 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the frozen peas into water and bring to the boil - cook for 5-6 minutes then drain.
- Place the peas in a food processor with a large tbs of Boursin a sprinkle of seasalt, drizzle of olive oil and squeeze of lemon juice.
- Pulse the peas in the food processor until they form a rough chunky puree - you can do this with a potato masher it just takes longer.
- When the mackerel is cooked - rip open the foil parcel and flake the fish.
- Heat the tortillas or flatbreads.
Make Chilli and Lime Mackerel your way
- Switch the mackerel for salmon or cod.
- Skip the peas and throw in a handful of crunchy fresh salad.
- Swap the flatbreads for tortillas.
How to serve Chilli and Lime Mackerel
- Perfect for Friday night dinner.
- Lovely summery meal for eating outdoors.