It’s loads of fun to make a fiery dragon mask and a lovely little craft to celebrate Chinese New Year. Our dragon mask craft is great for getting kids to be more creative and imaginative and the masks are a great fun to play with.
What you need to make dragon masks
- Paper plate
- Red paint
- Sticky tape
- A4 shiny red craft card
- A4 shiny gold craft card
- Sticky gold stars
- Strips of fabric, ribbon or cellophane for decorating
- Lolly stick
How to make dragon masks
- Cut out triangle eye shapes in the paper plate.
- Paint the plate red.
- Cut out – dragon horns, golden dragon spikes (big and small), golden mouth
- Stick the dragon horns and big golden triangles to the top of the mask.
- Stick on the mouth and smaller golden triangles for teeth
- Stick on the strips of fabric, cellophane and ribbon.
- Decorate with golden shiny stars
- Attach lolly stick to the back so the mask can be held in front of the face.
Hints and tips
- If you’re making this with very young children and are short on time, prepare all the cutting out and shapes prior to starting the activity.
- Older children and those more confident in scissor skills will like to do the cutting out themselves.
- Use the masks in imaginative play, making up dragon dances or as part of Chinese New Year celebrations.
Head this way for loads more fun kids activities
Loads more kids art projects and activities here
More BRILLIANT kids crafts here
Loads more lovely spring activities for kids here