Awesome chocolate covered flapjacks, these are just too good, you need them in your life… well mouth…
A really easy flapjack recipe and the addition of a chocolate coating just makes them extra yum! I like these for breakfast with a cup of coffee, but they also make a good lunchbox treat. A nice recipe for cooking with kids.
Soft, chewy delicious flapjacks - perfect for lunch boxes
- 150g butter
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 220g rolled oats
- 50g instant porridge oats (I use Ready Brek)
- 100g bar of chocolate (I use Milka)
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Grease a 22cm circle tin with butter. (I use silicone bakeware for this as it’s easy to pop the flapjacks out)
- Put a large deep pan over a low heat and add the butter, sugar and syrup - stir until melted - then remove from the heat.
- Tip in the oats and instant porridge - stir well until everything is coated in the melty buttery syrup.
- Tip the mixture into the cake tin and flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate - break up the pieces of chocolate into a glass jug and stand in boiling water - stirring all the time to melt the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate over the flapjack and spread with a spoon to coat evenly.
- Pop in the fridge for around an hour to set the chocolate.
- Once set - remove flapjack from tin and slice into 12 pieces.
make them your way…
- add in some dried fruit – sultanas or cranberries work well.
- make them without the chocolate – they’ll still taste good.
- for breakfast with coffee
- in lunchboxes
- after school snack