Sure, little Easter egg nest cakes with chicks are super cute and all… BUT we kinda think Dinosaurs are better. So our chocolate egg nest cakes are the dinosaur kind, chocolate-y and delicious, just like cakes should be.
Love cake? Get loads more easy cakes and bakes recipes here!
To whip up a batch of dinosaur chocolate egg cakes with the kids you’ll just need chocolate, chocolate eggs and cereal, we use cornflakes or rice-crispies usually. They super easy to make and a recipe kids always love to get involved and help out with.
Super easy chocolate cakes that are perfect for kids parties.
- 200g milk chocolate
- 100g cornflakes
- 1 large pack of mini eggs
- Break up the chocolate and place in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water and stir until melted.
- Tip in the cornflakes and stir gently to coat them in the melted chocolate.
- Divide the mixture between the cake cases and make a little hollow in the centre- pop in the mini eggs.
- Leave the cakes to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or so before eating.
Make it your way…
- Use different cereals.
- Decorate with Easter chicks instead of dinosaurs.
Get all our easy dessert recipes here
Get more absolutely delicious easy chocolate recipes here.
More easy Easter recipes here