Entertaining a crowd this Christmas? Then grab our super easy Christmas buffet menu ideas and make life so much easier for yourself.
Our Christmas party food ideas really take the stress out of entertaining this Christmas.
‘Tis the season of the buffet. That time of year when wherever you go a table of food and stack of plates awaits you.
Now if you’re throwing a Christmas party of your own here’s our easy guide to what to include in your Christmas buffet menu.
Christmas Buffet Ideas
Christmas Buffet – Sandwich Ideas
Buffet eaters love a good sandwich, so include a selection.
Vary the bread so opt for soft rolls, open sandwiches on crusty rolls, sliced baguette sandwiches and regular tea party finger sandwiches.
Party Food – Sandwich Filler Ideas
- Turkey & cranberry
- Festive roast ham & wholegrain mustard
- Mature cheddar and pickle
- Cream cheese & cucumber
- Egg mayonnaise & cress
- Roast beef & horseradish
- Coronation chicken
- Tuna mayonnaise
If you’re catering for ‘picky’ people maybe leave the condiments off the sandwich and just pop the jar and spoon nearby the platter.
Christmas Finger Food Buffet – Party food nibbles Ideas
Tuck these amongst the plates of sandwiches – it’s nice to include a few different options from the list below.
- Pizza slices
- Mini quiche
- Roast chicken drumsticks
- Indian platter – with mini onion bahji, samosa, mini popadoms
- Chinese platter – with mini spring rolls, dim sum, prawn crackers
- Scotch eggs
- Mini sausage rolls
- Savoury tartlets
- Falafel & dip
- Chicken satay sticks
- Prawn skewers
- Vegetarian mozzarella/feta and med veg skewers
- Mini brie & cranberry filo parcels
- Rice salad
- Green salad
- Pate & cheese board with selection of crackers
Christmas Buffet Ideas – Party Food Desserts
Offer a few different choices and styles from the list below.
- Jelly & ice-cream
- Proper trifle
- Chocolate cake
- Carrot cake with frosting
- Apple tart with cream
- Fruit salad or fruit kebabs
- Chocolate dipped fruit
- Selection of shortbread biscuits
- Selection of fudge or truffles
Loads more ideas for Christmas celebrations here!
It’s also worth remembering, Christmas is a super busy time of year with loads to do, if cooking isn’t something you enjoy then just make the sandwiches and buy the rest ready made.
There’s loads of deals on party food in the supermarkets at the moment and lots that can be stored in the freezer until you need it.
Christmas is definitely the season to just do the bits you fancy and cheat with the rest!
Love homemade party food? Try these recipes:
Get more party food platters and buffet food ideas here
Ten delicious, easy party food recipes you can make at home – recipes include…
- Easy Homemade Italian Pasta Salad
- Easy Homemade Bacon Topped Potato Salad
- Homemade Apple Coleslaw
- Homemade Easy Sausage Rolls
- Easy Homemade Chicken and Chorizo Skewers
- Homemade Puff Pastry Pesto Bites
- Homemade Indian Spiced Potatoes
- Homemade Couscous Salad
- Homemade Dips and Hummus
You might also just LOVE our Retro Prawn Cocktail recipe – it’s perfect for Christmas dinner starter!
Loads more ideas for family celebrations here!
Get more Christmas party food recipes and ideas here