Entertaining a crowd this Christmas? Then grab our super easy Christmas buffet menu ideas packed with easy Christmas party food and make life so much easier for yourself.
Our Christmas party food ideas really take the stress out of entertaining this Christmas.
‘Tis the season of the buffet. That time of year when wherever you go a table of food and stack of plates awaits you.
Now if you’re throwing a Christmas party of your own and don’t want to do a full-on dinner party, then here’s our easy guide to simple buffet ideas, easy holiday appetizers, cute finger foods and what to include in your Christmas buffet menu.
Christmas Buffet Ideas
You’ll love these easy ideas – simple to make, delicious to eat, total crowd pleasers!
Christmas Buffet – Sandwich Ideas
Buffet eaters love a good sandwich, so include a selection.
Vary the bread so opt for soft rolls, open sandwiches on crusty rolls, sliced baguette sandwiches and regular tea party finger sandwiches.
And there’s no shortage of options when it comes to the fillings.
Christmas Buffet Party Food – Sandwich Filler Ideas
- Turkey & cranberry
- Christmas ham & wholegrain mustard
- Mature cheddar and pickle
- Egg mayonnaise & cress
- Roast beef & horseradish
- Tuna mayonnaise (tuna mayo)
- Prawns with seafood cocktail sauce
If you’re catering for ‘picky’ people maybe leave the condiments off the sandwich and just pop the jar and spoon nearby the platter.
Christmas Finger Food Buffet – Party Food Nibbles Ideas
Tuck these amongst the plates of sandwiches on your Christmas buffet table – it’s nice to include a few different options of popular snacks from the list below.
Think of these picky bits as a sort of simple make-ahead main courses buffet option and is a delicious meal idea for the holiday season, if you’re hosting an open house or Christmas Eve dinner.
- Pizza slices – try our awesome Christmas Tree pizza
- Mini quiche
- Indian platter – with mini onion bahji, samosa, mini popadoms, Indian mint sauce
- Chinese platter – with mini spring rolls, dim sum, prawn crackers
- Scotch eggs – grab our Gluten free scotch egg recipe here – just the BEST homemade gluten free scotch egg recipe, easy, flavoursome and oh so perfect for picnics.
- Mini sausage rolls
- Savoury tartlets
- Falafel & dip
- Chicken satay sticks
- Prawn skewers
- Vegetarian mozzarella/feta and med veg skewers
- Mini brie or goat cheese & cranberry filo parcels
- Rice salad
- Green salad
- Pate & cheese board with selection of crackers
- Christmas Caprese Salad
Grab our Quorn Vegetarian Party Food ideas here (ad feature)
Try Our Halloumi Pigs In Blankets Recipe Here
Christmas Buffet Ideas – Party Food Desserts
Offer a few different choices, dishes and styles from the list below.
- Jelly & ice-cream
- Proper easy trifle
- Carrot cake with frosting
- Apple tart with cream
- Fruit salad platter or fruit kebabs
- Chocolate dipped fruit – like our delicious chocolate covered strawberries
- Selection of shortbread biscuits
- Selection of fudge or truffles
Loads more ideas for Christmas celebrations here!
It’s also worth remembering, Christmas is a super busy time of year with loads to do, if cooking isn’t something you enjoy then just make the sandwiches and buy the rest ready made.
Be kind to yourself and make a Christmas buffet that suits you!
There’s loads of deals on party food in the supermarkets at the moment and lots that can be stored in the freezer until you need it.
Christmas is definitely the season to just do the bits you fancy and cheat with the rest!
Love Homemade Party Food? Try these recipes:
Get more party food platters and buffet food ideas here
Ten delicious, easy party food recipes you can make at home – recipes include…
- Easy Homemade Italian Pasta Salad
- Easy Homemade Bacon Potato Salad
- Homemade Apple Coleslaw
- Homemade Easy Sausage Rolls
- Easy Homemade Chicken and Chorizo Skewers
- Homemade Puff Pastry Pesto Bites
- Homemade Indian Spiced Potatoes
- Homemade Couscous Salad
- Homemade Dips and Hummus
You might also just LOVE our Retro Prawn Cocktail recipe – it’s perfect for Christmas dinner starter!
Loads more ideas for family celebrations here!
You might also just LOVE our Christmas Breakfast buffet – make it here!
Need Some Family Meal Ideas?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planner tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!