John Lewis have everything you need to make delicious edible homemade Christmas gifts look extra special. We’ve been whipping up a batch of the Christmas Spiced Truffles from the Christmas issue of John Lewis Cook Edition. The recipe for these decadent French truffles is from Great British Bake Off champion Edd Kimber.
Ingredients (makes around 50 little truffles)
- 300g dark chocolate (60-70% cocoa solids)
- 300ml whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- cocoa powder for dusting
- Line a 20cm tin with cling film
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and put into a bowl.
- In a saucepan over a high heat add the cream and spices and whisk whilst you bring to the boil.
- Pour the spiced cream over the chocolate pieces and leave for couple of minutes.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly to melt all the chocolate and create a glossy smooth ganache.
- Pour the ganache into the cling film lined tray and smooth.
- Leave to set at room temperature for around an hour before transferring to the fridge to chill until firm.
- To cut the truffles – remove them carefully from the tray and peel off the cling film. Cut with a thin sharp knife – toss them in a little cocoa powder to dust. Truffles will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Making them pretty
- We used Kilner Jars and the Made with Love Treat Kit from John Lewis to wrap our truffles and make them into pretty gifts. The Made with Love Treat Kit is fab it contains little cellophane treat bags and lovely festive twine and stylish gift tags.
Head over to John Lewis for stacks of Entertaining & Cooking Inspiration to get you through the festivities.
You can pick up a copy of the Christmas Cook Edition free from John Lewis or download it from iTunes – it’s filled with delicious recipes and Christmas tips.
Disclaimer: John Lewis provided the equipment & ingredients for the truffles free of charge – For full details of my disclosure policy please read here