Advertisement Feature – Christmas Truffles
John Lewis have everything you need to make delicious edible homemade Christmas truffles gift look extra special.
We’ve been whipping up a batch of the Christmas Truffles from the Christmas issue of John Lewis Cook Edition. The recipe for these decadent French truffles is from Great British Bake Off champion Edd Kimber.
Get more delicious edible gift ideas here
Christmas Truffles Ingredients
These easy Christmas chocolate truffles are super simple to make and taste oh so good!
Cooks Note – makes around 50 little Christmas truffles – truffle recipe UK
- 300g dark chocolate (60-70% cocoa solids)
- 300ml whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- cocoa powder for dusting
Get more Christmas party food recipes and ideas here
How To Make Christmas Truffles
You’ll love how simple with Christmas truffle recipe is!
Method – easy to follow recipe for truffles
- Line a 20cm tin with cling film
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and put into a bowl.
- In a saucepan over a high heat add the cream and spices and whisk whilst you bring to the boil.
- Pour the spiced cream over the chocolate pieces and leave for couple of minutes.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly to melt all the chocolate and create a glossy smooth ganache.
- Pour the ganache into the cling film lined tray and smooth.
- Leave to set at room temperature for around an hour before transferring to the fridge to chill until firm.
- To cut the truffles – remove them carefully from the tray and peel off the cling film. Cut with a thin sharp knife – toss them in a little cocoa powder to dust. Truffles will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Get all our easy dessert recipes here
Loads more ideas for family celebrations here!
How To Gift Wrap Homemade Christmas Truffles
Love sweet stuff? – get our most delicious recipes here
We used Kilner Jars and the Made with Love Treat Kit from John Lewis to wrap our truffles and make them into pretty gifts.
The Made with Love Treat Kit is fab it contains little cellophane treat bags and lovely festive twine and stylish gift tags.
Head over to John Lewis for stacks of Entertaining & Cooking Inspiration to get you through the festivities.
You can pick up a copy of the Christmas Cook Edition free from John Lewis or download it from iTunes – it’s filled with delicious recipes and Christmas tips.
Loads more ideas for Christmas celebrations here!
Delicious Christmas Recipes That Are Perfect As Gifts
Need Some Family Meal Ideas?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planning tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST meal ideas your whole family will LOVE!
Disclaimer: John Lewis provided the equipment & ingredients for the truffles free of charge – For full details of my disclosure policy please read here