We’ll show you how you can easily clean the whole house in just one morning, including time for a coffee break!
It’s really easy for life to just get too busy, work, kids and all of the other stuff. It can mean the house ends up looking a bit unloved and chaotic.
Here’s how to freshen up your home and restore a bit of order to the whole house in just a morning.
It’ll really make it feel better, fresher and more lovely to be in.
You can download the printable checklist for tidying the house in a morning here.
How to clean the whole house in just one morning!
08:00-08.05 – open all the windows
- Get the windows open wide, a blast of fresh air always makes the house feel so much fresher and cleaner.
08:05 – 08:20 – tackle the laundry
- Get the laundry sorted into piles ready to go into the washing machine, and get the first wash on.
- Fold and put away in the wardrobes anything that doesn’t need ironing and anything that does need ironing, fold neatly and put away in the ironing pile.
- Every time a washing load finishes, either hang it out or throw it in the drier and then put the next one in.
08:20 – 09:00 – clean the bathroom/downstairs toilet
- Put towels and mats into the wash, clean the bath, shower, sink and toilet, vacuum and mop floors.
09:00 – 09:30 – strip the beds
- Strip the bedding and put it into the laundry.
- Put clean sheets onto the beds and make them up.
09:30 – 10.00 – tidy and polish bedrooms
- Do a quick tidy of the bedrooms, if there’s loads of clutter and they’re just totally messy – clear it all away into a box/basket for dealing with another day.
This way at least it’s all in one place and not spread all over the house and you still get the whole, fresh, tidy house feeling!
- Polish the surfaces and mirrors.
10.00 – 11.00 – clean the kitchen
- Move everything off the worktops and wipe them down with antibacterial spray.
- Clean the microwave – get the quick and easy instructions for how to clean a microwave with lemon and water here.
- Wipe down the stove top.
- Throw out any out of date food from the fridge and wipe the fridge shelves with antibacterial spray.
- Wash any pots and then clean the sink. Vacuum and mop.
11.00 – 11.15 – coffee break *obviously*
- Feet up, coffee and a slice of cake is definitely needed here.
Get more housework routines here
11:15 – 12.00 – quickly clean the living room & hallway
- Tidy surfaces and throw out any rubbish (use that throw it in a basket for another day technique if you have to).
- Polish, plump cushions, vacuum.
For a clean and tidy home get our BEST cleaning tips here
Add some nice touches to boost your mood!
- buy yourself a couple bunches of flower and arrange them in vases in your newly tidied, clean rooms.
- burn scented candles or aromatherapy oils to make your home smell just gorgeous.
Save our cleaning routine on Pinterest for later!
(or print it here and use now… printable checklist for tidying the house in a morning)
Clean The Whole House
Cleaning questions answered!
Well – we’ve given you a quick and cheat-y cleaning routine to get the house cleaned in just one morning.
If you want to do a more in-depth clean of your home try out our Weekly Housework Routine here. It splits chores room by room and comes with printable checklists.
We’ve totally got you covered with this one – it’s super easy to clean the house in one day.
If your home is really cluttered you might want to grab our organizing 101 tips here first. Otherwise just get stuck in with our cleaning routine here.
When cleaning the whole house, it’s always best to start at the top of the house and work down. That way you’re not dragging dirty things through cleaned up spaces.
So – start with your bedrooms, upstairs bathrooms and landings, work down the stairs and then through the downstairs of your home. Finishing up with cellars or garages.
We think the fastest way to deep clean a house is to first remove the clutter. Once clutter is gone and your home is well organized cleaning, and deep cleaning are always a whole lot faster.
Follow our deep cleaning checklists to really make sure you blitz the dirt from every little corner of your home.
More general cleaning tips here
Clean The Whole House – House Cleaning Secrets….
You can get more printable housework checklists here
The secret to always having a clean house is to be well organized and stay on top of the regular day to day chores.
Get yourself in a good cleaning and housework routine and you’ll find that over just a few weeks your house appears cleaner and fresher to be in.
You might also just LOVE our secrets for always having a clean house here.
Get more home and garden tips here