Take flapjacks up to the next level with our super tasty coconut flapjack recipe topped with delicious creamy chocolate – easy traybake that’s a yummy packed lunch idea!
Our Easy Chocolate Coconut Flapjacks are just delicious – packed full of oaty goodness, delicately flavoured with coconut and topped with creamy milk chocolate – these are perfect for popping in packed lunches or with a coffee.
Delicious and easy to make - chewy chocolate coated flapjacks
- 150g butter
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 220g rolled oats
- 30g instant porridge oats (I use Ready Brek)
- 20g desiccated coconut
- 100g bar of chocolate (I use Milka)
- 2 tsp desiccated coconut - for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Grease and line a. 20cm square tin with butter and greaseproof paper - so you can easily lift the flapjacks out later.
- Put a large deep pan over a low heat and add the butter, sugar and syrup - stir until melted - then remove from the heat.
- Tip in the oats and instant porridge and coconut - stir well until everything is coated in the melty buttery syrup.
- Tip the mixture into the cake tin and flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate - break up the pieces of chocolate into a glass jug and stand in boiling water - stirring all the time to melt the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate over the flapjack and spread with a spoon to coat evenly. Sprinkle over the desiccated coconut.
- Pop in the fridge for around an hour to set the chocolate.
- Once set - remove flapjack from tin and slice into 12 pieces.
Do you cut flapjacks hot or cold?
I find them easier to cut with a really sharp knife after the chocolate has set in the fridge.
How to make coconut flapjacks your way
- add in some dried fruit like sultanas or cranberries
- make them without the chocolate they still taste lovely.
More easy traybake recipes for you to try
PS…. we think you might also just LOVE our White Chocolate Nest Cakes