Take flapjacks up to the next level with our super tasty coconut flapjack recipe topped with delicious creamy chocolate – easy traybake that’s a yummy packed lunch idea!
Our Easy Chocolate Coconut Flapjacks are just delicious – packed full of oaty goodness, delicately flavoured with coconut and topped with creamy milk chocolate – these are perfect for popping in packed lunches or with a coffee.
Delicious and easy to make - chewy chocolate coated flapjacks
- 150g butter
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 220g rolled oats
- 30g instant porridge oats (I use Ready Brek)
- 20g desiccated coconut
- 100g bar of chocolate (I use Milka)
- 2 tsp desiccated coconut - for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Grease and line a. 20cm square tin with butter and greaseproof paper - so you can easily lift the flapjacks out later.
- Put a large deep pan over a low heat and add the butter, sugar and syrup - stir until melted - then remove from the heat.
- Tip in the oats and instant porridge and coconut - stir well until everything is coated in the melty buttery syrup.
- Tip the mixture into the cake tin and flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate - break up the pieces of chocolate into a glass jug and stand in boiling water - stirring all the time to melt the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate over the flapjack and spread with a spoon to coat evenly. Sprinkle over the desiccated coconut.
- Pop in the fridge for around an hour to set the chocolate.
- Once set - remove flapjack from tin and slice into 12 pieces.
Do you cut flapjacks hot or cold?
I find them easier to cut with a really sharp knife after the chocolate has set in the fridge.
Love cake? Get loads more easy cakes and bakes recipes here!
How to make coconut flapjacks your way
- add in some dried fruit like sultanas or cranberries
- make them without the chocolate they still taste lovely.
More easy traybake recipes for you to try
PS…. we think you might also just LOVE our White Chocolate Nest Cakes
HIT SUBSCRIBE BELOW AND NEVER MISS A POST!
Get all our easy dessert recipes here
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
Need some new packed lunch ideas? We’ve lots of delicious recipes here!