A gorgeous bright rainbow craft for kids to get busy with – grab your art and craft supplies and create a beautiful mosaic rainbow.
Rainbow Craft for Kids
A gorgeously bright craft for kids, even your little ones will just love getting creative hand painting all the colours of the rainbow.
Then using their brightly painted masterpieces to create a beautiful mosaic rainbow.
Mosaic pictures are a simple and lovely art activity for kids.
For younger children it’s an opportunity to learn about the rainbow and colours as well as being creative and having fun.
You could display your rainbow in the window.
What you need for our rainbow craft
- at least 7 pieces of white A4 paper
- coloured paint – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet
- paint brushes
- large piece of white paper for sticking the mosaic rainbow onto
- PVA glue
How to make a rainbow mosaic
- First paint the seven sheets of paper in the seven different colours of the rainbow – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet.
- Younger children might light to do finger or hand painting for this bit – or even printing using a sponge or potato.
- Allow the pictures time to dry completely.
- Once dry cut the coloured pages into strips and then the strips into mosaic squares.
- Next stick the mosaic squares onto the larger sheet of white paper in the shape of the rainbow with each stripe a different colour.
More rainbow craft ideas to try
We’ve rounded up the most COLOURFUL AND GORGEOUS rainbow crafts from around the web that are perfect for kids to have fun making at home.
- Finger paint rainbow pictures from Crafts on Sea
- Free printable rainbow template from Crafts on Sea
- Roll a rainbow play dough game from Crafts on Sea
- Make a 3D rainbow from In The Playroom
- DIY rainbow clay stackers from In The Playroom
- Pot of gold rainbow shaker – from In the Playroom
- Rainbow cupcake wrappers – from The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Rainbow colouring pages – from The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Rainbow pudding – from The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- How to make rainbow milk marbled paper art – from Mum in the Madhouse
- Make a rainbow rainstick – from Mum in the Madhouse
- How to make a rainbow windsock – from Mum in the Madhouse