We’ve been putting the Tefal Actifry Family to the test this week and yes we’ve been cooking more than just chips! Exciting huh?
Did you read our first impressions of the Actifry? You might want to nip back and do that now.
Excited as I’ve been to eat chips.. plain chips, garlic chips, smoked paprika chips and even some of the most delicious salt & pepper chips. Crispy chips coated in an amazing blend of five-spice powder with hot Szechuan pepper and a sprinkle of Maldon sea salt, all fried together with garlic, spring onions and sliced red chilli. If you’ve got a Tefal Actifry this is one thing you really need to try! Think of it as a little Saturday night treat.
We’ve cooked up some delicious fried chicken strips in garlic oil these went down very well with the kids. Garlic Actifried chicken strips, creamy mashed potatoes and baked beans are now up with their favourite meals. Which makes me happy as it’s so easy to make. Making weeknight cooking nice and easy.
Tefal sent over a tasty little recipe for me to try out for Actifried Scrambled Tortilla.
We thought this made a really nice brunch recipe, great for a lazy Sunday brunch. It was simple to make and cooked perfectly. It tasted delicious, it felt healthy and the kids loved it!
Let’s get down to the detail shall we the bits you really need to know if you’re thinking of buying one.
Tefal Actifry the good bits.
- The Actifry is light weight so easy to lift in and out of the cupboard
- It’s big enough to cook a whole batch of food in one go without having to do it in batches.
- It makes gorgeous chips and fried chicken yum, yum, yum!
- Only uses a small amount of oil and you can choose whatever oil you want.
- Love that you can make whole meals like the scrambled tortilla.
- The clear lid means you can see the food cooking without having to open.
- No need to preheat – cooks straight away as soon as switched on.
- Doesn’t fill the house with a ‘fried food’ smell.
- Really easy to take apart for washing – and can be washed in the dishwasher.
Tefal Actifry things to think about.
- It is quite big although light weight, so you need to be sure you’ve got cupboard space and work top space.
Value for money?
The Tefal Actifry Family is priced from around £150 depending on where you purchase it. If you’re feeding a family and they like chips, chicken strips and fish (to name a few of the favourites) then you’d definitely get your money’s worth. Ours has been in action a lot and as a convert from oven chips the healthy actifried ones taste so much better!
Disclaimer – this is an advert post on behalf of Tefal, For full details of my disclosure policy please read here