Beautifully summery and vibrant our courgette and feta salad is zingy with a kick of heat and perfect for serving alongside summer meals. A grilled zucchini salad you’ll just LOVE!
Chargrilled zucchini slices tossed together with crumbled tangy feta cheese.
Served with a scattering of finely sliced red chilli and lemon zest finished with a drizzle of olive oil and chopped mint.
This summer salad is just mouthwateringly good. And one of my absolute favourite ways to use up a glut of courgettes.
I like to serve this alongside BBQ kebabs or grilled prawns but it also tastes just delicious stuffed into warm pittas or wrapped in a flatbread.
Courgette and Feta Salad Ingredients
- 3 courgettes – simply washed and then sliced
- 100g feta cheese – you could switch the cheese for mozzarella if you prefer.
- hot red chilli – finely sliced – de-seed the chilli if you prefer a milder taste.
- zest of a lemon
- a little olive oil to drizzle
- pinch of sea salt
- chopped mint leaves to garnish – find out how to grow your own herb garden here.
How To Make Grilled Zucchini Salad
- Griddle or BBQ slices of courgette and let them cool a little. They’ll only take a short time to cook so keep an eye on them so they don’t end up to charred.
- Grab yourself a large plate or platter and assemble your salad. Just simply layer up a salad platter with courgette slices, scatter over the feta cheese and let it mingle with the warm courgettes.
- Then scatter over the chopped red chilli and lemon zest.
- Season with Maldon sea salt flakes and drizzle with olive oil and then add a little chopped fresh mint leaves. You could also used torn basil or finely chopped oregano if you prefer.
Make Courgette And Feta Salad Your Way
- don’t like chilli – then miss it out altogether for a milder salad.
- try torn mozzarella instead of feta or even blue cheese if you like a more punchy flavour
- switch basil leaves for mint
- garnish with lime zest instead of lemon
- add in some chargrilled fennel slices or mushrooms for a twist on the flavours
- you could also add a scattering of toasted pine nuts or bashed up walnut pieces for a little extra crunch.
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Easy Summer Salad Recipes To Try
- Strawberry & Feta Salad – a delicious sweet and tangy summer salad of juicy strawberries, tangled with watercress and sprinkled with feta cheese.
- Roast Vegetable Couscous Salad – a filling substantial salad side dish that’s perfect alongside chicken, fish or vegetarian dinners.
- Waldorf Salad – a classic salad that’s perfect alongside a sandwich or savoury pastry.
- Broad Bean Salad – delicious double podded broad beans with feta cheese and rocket – simple and delicious.
- 3 courgettes - sliced
- 100g feta cheese
- 1 red chilli - finely sliced
- zest of a lemon
- 1 tbs olive oil to drizzle
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbs chopped mint leaves to garnish
- Griddle or BBQ slices of courgette and let them cool a little.
- Layer up a salad with courgette slices mingled with feta, red chilli, lemon zest, Maldon sea salt and drizzle with olive oil and add a scattering of chopped fresh mint leaves.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 761mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 15g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get loads more tasty vegetable dishes here
Save our warm zucchini salad on Pinterest for later!
You might also just LOVE our courgette fritters recipe here.