Beautifully summery and vibrant our courgette and feta salad is zingy with a kick of heat and perfect for serving alongside summer meals.
Chargrilled courgette sliced tossed together with crumbled creamy feta cheese a scattering of finely sliced red chilli and lemon zest finished with a drizzle of olive oil and chopped mint. It’s mouthwateringly good.
I like to serve this alongside BBQ kebabs or grilled prawns but it also tastes just delicious stuffed into warm pittas or wrapped in a flatbread. A great recipe for using up a glut of courgettes.
Tasty fresh and zingy summery salad
- 3 courgettes - sliced
- 100g feta cheese
- hot red chilli - finely sliced
- zest of a lemon
- olive oil to drizzle
- sea salt
- chopped mint leaves to garnish
- Griddle or BBQ slices of courgette and let them cool a little.
- Layer up a salad with courgette slices mingled with feta, red chilli, lemon zest, Maldon sea salt and drizzle with olive oil and add a scattering of chopped fresh mint leaves.
Make Courgette and Feta salad your way
- don’t like chilli – then miss it out
- try torn mozzarella instead of feta
- switch basil leaves for mint
- garnish with lime zest instead of lemon
- add in some chargrilled fennel slices or mushrooms for a twist on the flavours
How to serve Courgette and Feta salad
- Serve alongside chicken kebabs or grilled prawns.
- As a BBQ side dish.
- Tucked inside toasted pitta breads.