I’m really on board with the whole dinner ‘bowl’ idea. All you need to do is take a bowl and fill it with gorgeous colours and flavours.
The couscous bowl with Harissa chicken is just a bowlful of deliciousness. A bed of couscous tossed with roast vegetables and roughly chopped herbs topped with oven baked Harissa chicken and delicious lemon and coriander yogurt dressing. Simple food that tastes amazing.
Delicious, nutritious couscous bowl that's so easy to make.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 4-6 tsp of harissa paste
- Splash of olive oil
- 400g baby courgettes - sliced into bitesize pieces
- 2 red bell peppers - sliced into bitesize pieces
- 2 small red onions - sliced into bitesize pieces
- 200g dried couscous
- handful of chopped mixed herbs - Basil, Coriander and Flat Leaf Parsley
- lemon zest
- small handful of coriander - chopped
- 4 tbs low fat yogurt
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Lay a sheet of tin foil on a baking sheet, just wipe with a light coat of olive oil. Lay on the chicken breasts and spread the Harissa paste over the top of them. Add a sheet of tin foil on the top and scrunch up the edges to form a bag. Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add the chopped vegetables to a roasting tin and toss in just a splash of olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for around 20 minutes - remove when cooked and set aside.
- Cook the couscous as per the packet instructions. Then toss in the vegetables and chopped herbs and divide between the serving bowls.
- Mix up the yogurt and coriander dressing by adding the yogurt, lemon zest and chopped coriander to a small bowl and mixing to combine.
- Top with the sliced cooked chicken breast and add a spoonful of lemon and coriander yogurt dressing.
Make Harissa Chicken CousCous Bowl your way…
- Use salmon or cod instead of chicken (reduce cooking times accordingly)
- Add extra protein and throw in a tin of chickpeas.
- Fancy some heat, add some freshly chopped chillies.
- Don’t fancy couscous, then opt for rice or quinoa.
Love your leftovers…
- Just wrap them in a soft flour tortilla.
- Add a tin of chickpeas to bulk the leftovers up and serve stuffed into toasted pittas.