This super quick and easy couscous salad makes a great lunchbox filler or is delicious served as a tasty veggie packed side dish at a BBQ or summer picnic.
Ready in under 10 minutes this is real food, fast.
You’ll need to make up the couscous as per the packet instructions – usually this just involves pouring boiling water over the couscous and waiting for it to all absorb and the couscous fluff up. I use around 100g of couscous to make up 2 lunch boxes.
Once the couscous is ready stir in 50g cubed feta, a handful of chopped sun dried tomatoes, a handful of chopped chargrilled antipasti courgettes, and a handful of sliced peppadew peppers. Toss in a handful of chopped herbs – whatever you like, mint, coriander, parsley and basil all work nicely.
make it your way…
- don’t fancy feta cheese, throw in some torn mozzarella or cubes of cheddar
- fancy some meat, add some chopped chorizo
- feeling fishy, thrown in some cooked shrimp or prawn
- want to make a more of a meal – stuff it into peppers, top with mozzarella and bake in the oven.
- stuff leftovers into pitta breads with falafel
- fancy some spice – add some slices of chilli
- 100g dried couscous - made up as per packet instructions
- 50g cubed feta cheese
- handful of chopped sun dried tomatoes
- handful of chopped chargrilled courgettes (use the antipasti jars)
- handful of sliced peppadew peppers
- handful of chopped mixed fresh herbs - coriander, basil, parsley, mint work well.
- Fluff up the cooked couscous with a fork.
- Add the feta, sun dried tomatoes, chargrilled courgettes, peppadew peppers and chopped herbs.
- Stir gently with a fork to combine.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 266mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 6gSugar: 14gProtein: 11g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get more picnic ideas here
Get loads more tasty vegetable dishes here