This super quick and easy couscous salad makes a great lunchbox filler or is delicious served as a tasty veggie packed side dish at a BBQ or summer picnic.
Ready in under 10 minutes this is real food, fast.
You’ll need to make up the couscous as per the packet instructions – usually this just involves pouring boiling water over the couscous and waiting for it to all absorb and the couscous fluff up. I use around 100g of couscous to make up 2 lunch boxes.
Once the couscous is ready stir in 50g cubed feta, a handful of chopped sun dried tomatoes, a handful of chopped chargrilled antipasti courgettes, and a handful of sliced peppadew peppers. Toss in a handful of chopped herbs – whatever you like, mint, coriander, parsley and basil all work nicely.
Tasty vegetarian lunchbox couscous
- 100g dried couscous - made up as per packet instructions
- 50g cubed feta cheese
- handful of chopped sun dried tomatoes
- handful of chopped chargrilled courgettes (use the antipasti jars)
- handful of sliced peppadew peppers
- handful of chopped mixed fresh herbs - coriander, basil, parsley, mint work well.
- Fluff up the cooked couscous with a fork.
- Add the feta, sun dried tomatoes, chargrilled courgettes, peppadew peppers and chopped herbs.
- Stir gently with a fork to combine.
make it your way…
- don’t fancy feta cheese, throw in some torn mozzarella or cubes of cheddar
- fancy some meat, add some chopped chorizo
- feeling fishy, thrown in some cooked shrimp or prawn
- want to make a more of a meal – stuff it into peppers, top with mozzarella and bake in the oven.
- stuff leftovers into pitta breads with falafel
- fancy some spice – add some slices of chilli